Chapter 8 Trouble In Paradise

Nefretti fell hard on the pavement but wasted no time rolling to the other side and retrieve her spear and standing back up. Her opponent, Nakia, whipped her head smirking at Nefretti. She did fancy stunts with her two wooden batons before running to attack. See, there's an inside joke in the palace that if these young warriors weren't on kicking bad men's butt, they would fight each other instead. It was a friendly fight of course. No hard feelings whatsoever. Nefretti dodged Nakia's incoming swings, she was known for her speed. But Nakia was a tactical genius. She swung in a specific pattern that distracted her opponent from shielding her weak spots. Nakia lifted one of her batons to swing at Nefretti's knee but stopped last minute and shockingly stare at the gold/silver skin of Nefretti. Nakia of course had already known about her best friend's power so she wasn't staring out of shock but was staring for another reason. The rule. In a split second, her plan had backfired and she was on the ground.

"I said no powers. That was against the rules" Nakia grunted.

"Sorry sister." Nefretti said with a sly grin. She offered her hand to help Nakia up. A second after that, it was now Nefretti on the ground cradling her head. "touché"

But they looked behind them when they heard something....peculiar. Laughter was heard in a bush behind them. To whom does it belong to? The two best friends looked at each other wearily before deciding to investigate. The two best friends stood up and slowly approached the now shaking bush. All whilst acting as if nothing sketchy was going on.

"So...Nakia...How was...desert?" Nefretti face palmed herself on the inside.

Nakia looked at her weirdly mouthing a 'really?'. She knew that her best friend was bad at acting but she had to contain herself from flicking her forehead. "It was delicious."

They crept closer and closer and closer until...."GOTCHA" They jumped at each end of the bush pointing their weapons to whomever was hiding. It was a bunch of little girls not older than 12 who screamed in surprise. The two warrior lowered their weapons at them.

"That was awesome!" The shortest girl exclaimed. Cheers soon followed after.

Nefretti and Nakia chuckled to herself at the fangirls. A buzzing cane from her wrist and out came a holographic figure of her sister-in-law, Shuri.

"Nefretti I made something for you that you will definitely love!"

---------------

Nefretti looked at the scene trying to figure out what had happened five seconds ago. T'Challa was on the ground moaning in pain while his sister was busy laughing at him. She was also beside his new suit. Nefretti smirked at the two before helping her husband up. "Hey, my love, WHAT ARE THOSE?" She added insult to injury pointing at his footwear.

"That's what I just said!" Shuri replied in laughter.

T'Challa did not look pleased at all. He rolled his eyes at the two girls.

"So Shuri what did you want to show me?"

"Oh right!" Shuru grabbed the couple's hands and dragged them across the room to a rather tall object covered by a black sheet. "May I present to you..." She drum rolled on the wall before pulling down the sheet. "Khusela's new suit!" Nefretti opened her mouth to say a thank you but no words can express how much she fell in love with this suit at first glance. Like everything else in this room, it was made of Vibranium. It was similar to the Black Panther's but it was a silver cuff. When activate, it turned into a backless tank top showing off the queen's abs and stretchy shorts which had cloth running down on each side of the waist. Those cloths can be turned into spears, Khusela's signature weapon.

"You do know that Nefretti won't be going to the mission right?" T'Challa stated.

His wife did a double take "Excuse me your majesty but since when did you dictate how I live my life?"

"The prophecy. The thing that you said about one of us dying. It's not gonna be you."

"I thought that we were in this together!" Nefretti looked at him as if he had grown to heads. She could feel herself transforming into Khusela. She was beyond pissed. "YOU PROMISED."

"I promised to keep you safe! And I will do everything in my power to keep that! YOU'RE NOT GOING AND THAT'S FINAL." T'Challa stormed out of the room. He spent the rest of the day training. He took his anger out on the dummies which all broke thanks to his mighty speed. Why can't she appreciate that I'm trying to protect her? She's so stubborn! He laid his head on the wall That's my I love her...