Chapter 3

When I woke up I was alone in my bed. I sighed and got ready for my day. It was finally the weekend so I could just hang around in my pajamas. I walked into the kitchen and groaned. It was a mess! looking around I noticed the whole house was a mess!! my drunken father had managed to scribble a note stating that he won't be home until Monday. Fishing weekend with his buddies which means they are going to get hammered and push each other into the water. I started to think about Erica kissing Derek yesterday and it made me pretty mad. She's such a bitch, who does she think she is just kissing whoever she wants? I got angrier as I started cleaning the house which I had nothing to do with dirtying it up. I put my headphones in and turned the volume way up. I swept through the kitchen but when I turned the corner I was pushed back by someone. Derek ran at me and I swung the broom at him. He dodged it quickly and knocked me down. I saw red and started charging at him. I knocked him against the wall and snarled at him. He changed back to human and so did I.
"What the fuck?!" I screamed.
"Training... you have to always be ready," he said.
"If you haven't noticed, I'm a bit busy!" I yelled. He gave me an angry look.
"You can't be too busy for this. This is your life now. you chose it" he growled.
"Well not today so fuck off," I said as I turned my back on him. He grabbed my arm and twirled me back towards him. He held me so I was inches from my face. The breath hitched in my throat.
"I'm your alpha, you have to obey me now. I don't know why you're so angry at me but knock it off," he said in a low growl. I sighed and closed my eyes.
"Can't I just have today?" I asked.
"No. we need you, there's been some mysterious things happening and we need to know what." he told me as he drug me to my room. "Change."
"Um get out," I scoffed. He rolled his eyes and left my room. I changed into jeans and a tshirt and my vans. I brushed my hair and left it down. Makeup was a no go today. I went back down to find Derek going through my fridge.
"Hungry?" I asked.
"No. it's pretty empty anyway," he observed.
"Yeah well no one ever really eats here. let's head out," I sighed. I hopped into his car and he drove to my school. I made an annoyed face.
"What now?"
"School? on a weekend?" I mumbled. He chuckled quietly.
"I heard you're some genius or something," he said trying to make small talk.
"I used to be. now I'm just average." I replied. He just nodded. Once at the school I saw Erica waiting. A small growl escaped my throat as she smirked at me.
"Don't like her?" Derek asked.
"Not one bit," I scowled.
"Why not?" he questioned. I rolled my eyes.
"She's just a bitch," I said.
"Any particular thing that makes her a bitch? maybe that she kissed me?" he smirked. I didn't know what to say.
"Um psh no. I don't care that she kissed you." I lied. He smirked at me. "Seriously just shut up,". I got out of the car and went over to where Erica was standing. Derek came and we followed him to the pool area. There was a lacrosse game going on but I couldn't see who was winning. We went to the pool and saw stiles.
"Yeah it had scales like a reptile," he said. My eyes widened as I saw that thing above him. "Why do you guys look like you know exactly what I'm talking about?". The creature jumped down and knocked Erica aside. Way to go creature. Derek tried fighting it but ended up paralyzed. Stiles and I jumped into the pool with him and had to hold him up.
"You need to eat less meat and more lettuce," I told him as I strained to hold him up.
"My body is perfectly fine and you know it," he growled. I did know it. his body is just... damn..
"I have an idea. heather can you hold him up?" stiles asked.
"Um I can try," I told him. He let go and swam towards his phone. Derek's body got heavier and heavier. Stiles was trying to reach Scott to no avail. Derek starting sinking and I was going with him.
"Stiles!" I screamed as I was pulled under. We sank to the bottom before an arm pulled me up, then Derek. "Seriously though, a salad might not be a bad idea,"
"Shut up," Derek sighed. We swam towards the diving board to get a hold on it. That thing moved with us, stalking us the whole way. Scott ran in and pushed the thing aside. They fought until a mirror broke and Scott held up a shard. The creature looked confused but ran away. Stiles and I drug Derek onto the side and I laid next to him. Once he got feeling back I punched him.
"What was that for?" he asked.
"You never said I'd have to fight lizards or hold your fat ass up in a pool" I sighed.
"You like my fat ass," he chuckled.
"Whatever you guys can kiss later.... now what was that thing?" Scott asked.
"A kanima," Derek said in a morose tone. "It was confused by its reflection because it doesn't know what or who it is,". A giant, homicidal lizard is having an identity crisis. Boo freakin hoo.