Chapter 9

*after full moon and fight with the Argents*

Jackson is no longer a kanima and the Argents are no longer our enemy. Allison has apologized for her craziness and Gerard is off dying somewhere, if not already dead. Good riddance. I went over to Derek's place for some practice with my compelling power. Peter was there to watch.

"So tell me again why we are teaching your little girlfriend how to control people? seems like a bad idea," he mumbled. Omg he called me his girlfriend. My heart fluttered.

"Because it will come in use. especially with the alpha pack." Derek sighed. "Okay, now make me do something,"

"Like what?" I asked.

"Anything. but no touching, use your mind" he instructed. I nodded and tried to focus. I tried so hard but nothing was happening.

"This is hopeless, she's not smart enough," Peter sighed. I snarled at him and he flew into the wall. He got back up and stared at me. "Point taken,"

"That was good. very good," Derek smiled. Peter shook his head and mumbled something under his breath. "It seems that anger triggers you more than anything else. try to use that when you're trying to compel me," he said. I nodded again and tried getting angry at him. I pictured Erica kissing him and then him bothering me at my house. But then my mind started to wander to the club when we were dancing and when he held me as I slept. Suddenly he pulled me into his arms into a bone crushing hold.

"Um I didn't mean to do that," I said. He released me and composed himself as Peter chuckled. He then started to slap himself. "Why are you hitting yourself?" I asked with a smirk.

"Stop it," he growled. After one more good slap I stopped. He stormed off rubbing his face.

"Sorry about that," I blushed.

"It's fine, at least you're improving," he smiled awkwardly. "Was anger your anchor when you were learning to control your change?"

"No, not really," I mumbled.

"You never told me what is was." He said. I muttered a few unintelligible noises in hopes he would take that as an answer. "Well whatever that was, Isaac had a theory that I was your anchor"

"What? he said that? no he's not right," I lied. He smirked at me and got closer.

"I can hear your heartbeat," he chuckled. I backed up until I was at the wall. He put his hands on either side of my head and looked down at me. "Tell me your anchor". I tried my hardest to compel him to back away but it wouldn't work unless I touched him.

"Okay so maybe you are," I whispered.

"Why me?" he asked.

"How should I know?"

"Maybe it's because you think I'm cute," he smirked. His face was only inches from mine.

"I don't think cuteness factors into an anchor," I said quietly.

"Sexiness then?" he asked. My eyes wandered down to his lips and then back to his gorgeous hazel eyes. My knees started to go weak. "Your heartbeat is so erratic right now,"

"Well if someone had you pinned to the wall you might be a bit unsettled as well," I tried joking.

"Unsettled? don't you mean nervous? excited? impatient?" he smirked.

"Impatient?" I asked genuinely confused.

"Waiting for me to do this," he said before smashing his lips to mine. he pulled away quickly and smiled down at me. He turned around and walked towards the stairs.

"Did I make you do that?" I asked. He chuckled and turned to look at me.

"Nope," he smirked.

I just had my first kiss.