Chapter 16

Brianna and I have gotten to know each other better and have become quite close. She's officially dating Isaac now and it gets a bit awkward. Tonight we are going to a black light party hosted by Danny, my gbf (gay best friend).
"Hey heather!" Brianna called to me from across the classroom. I made my way over to her.
"Hey, are you going to the party tonight?" I asked.
"Do sirens have tails? duh!" she laughed. Our little supernatural pack has learned of her secret and they have been very accepting.
"Okay well do you want to come over before and get ready?"
"Sure," she smiled. Ever since I learned to control my power to compel, my father hasn't been much of a problem. I've managed to cut back on his drinking and violence but he's still not where he should be. After school I went home and tidied up a bit before she got there. I tried texting Derek again for the hundredth time, I'm really starting to worry. I heard a knock on the door and then I heard it open and close. Brianna appeared in my doorway.
"Thanks for waiting," I chuckled.
"No prob," she laughed. "So what is a black light party?"
"The only lights that are on are florescent ones so light colored things glow." I told her. She nodded her head and went to my closet.
"I heard there will be body paint," she smirked. She picked out a dress that Erica had gotten against my will and threw it on my bed. It was kind of short and had slits on the side. "We need room for paint,"
"Ugh whatever, just pick something for yourself," I sighed as I headed to my bathroom to change. I slipped on some heels and curled my hair. I had some glow in the dark makeup from Halloween a few years back that we both used. "Do you know the address?"
"Yeah here," she said showing me her phone. My heart dropped. That's Derek's apartment. "Everything okay?"
"Um yeah, let's go," I mumbled. We arrived a bit early and went in.
"Hey guys!" Danny yelled over to us. Aiden and Ethan were already there too with a generator.
"Hey Danny, twins," I smiled. They waved. Aiden called me over and held up a paint brush. "Work your magic, wolf boy". He started painting little paw prints on me and claw marks. he made stars up and down my legs, using any chance he got to feel me up. I saw Isaac painting Brianna with fish scales and bubbles. How creative.
"Okay all done," he smiled. Danny flicked on the black lights and we glowed bright.
"It's fantastic," I laughed. People started arriving and it was so fun. Aiden was dancing with me the whole time and I noticed Kira here with Scott which was sort of awkward because Allison was here too. We were having such a fun time until I heard a howl in the distance that sounded a lot like Derek, but I shook it off as a mistake.
"I'm gonna go find Ethan!" he yelled in my ear. I nodded and went to find Brianna.
"This is so much fun!" She smiled.
"I know," I laughed. Isaac went somewhere with Allison and Danny went outside with Ethan. Odd. Some random guys came up and started dancing with us. I was having a blast until I picked up on a familiar scent. I looked up and Derek was pushing through the crowd. He threw the bouncer aside and flipped over the DJ table.
"Get out!!!" he boomed. Everyone rushed out and he looked over at me. My heart was heating rapidly and my breath was hitched in my throat.
"Who's that?" Brianna whispered.
"That... is Derek hale." I answered. Danny and aiden carried in Lydia who was nearly unconscious then Isaac and Allison had an unconscious Ethan. From the shadows these ninja things appeared. Everyone froze. They all turned towards aiden.
"They're all looking at me.... why are they looking at me?" he asked. They took one more step towards him and we attacked. Brianna took water from the melted ice to freeze them but they just dissolved into it. After they had adequately kicked our asses they grabbed aiden. They looked into his eyes and grabbed the side of his head. After a moment like that they let him go. The sun started to rise and they disappeared. Everyone stood there with a confused look on their face. Scott had to take Kira home and other people went elsewhere until Brianna and I were left with Derek.
"Don't seduce him or I will make fish sticks outta you," I whispered in her ear. She nodded
"Um hey," he said awkwardly.
"Hi I'm Brianna, I'm a siren, and I'm in a relationship with Isaac," she said. It made me chuckle.
"Hi I'm heather, I'm a werewolf that can compel people and I'm forever alone," I smirked elbowing her in the side.
"A siren, interesting. I thought you were dating Isaac." he said turning to me.
"Yeah so did I," I laughed. Brianna gave me an apologetic smile. I placed a hand on her shoulder.
"I'll leave you two alone," she smiled and walked out.
"I see you've put your power to good use," he smirked.
"Uh huh," I nodded. We were in awkward silence for a bit. "Are you ok?"
"Yeah I'm fine, had a run in with some hunters but I'm alright. how are you?" he asked.
"I'm good," I sighed.
"Sorry I didn't reply to your texts, I couldn't for a while then I wanted it to be a surprise when I got back," he smiled sadly.
"Well it definitely was a surprise," I chuckled. I pulled him into a hug and he embraced me.
"I missed you," he sighed.
"I missed you too. next time take me with you so I can help out," I laughed.
"You got it," he said before kissing my head. I have my alpha back.