Chapter 17

Things have gotten really strange, really fast. Kira is a kitsune, some sort of fire fox. Stiles has gone off the deep end and we aren't sure why. He sleep walks and hallucinates and has been pretty grumpy lately.
I was sitting at home one night when I got a call from Derek. My heart began to race and I picked it up.
"Hey Derek," I said cheerfully, almost too cheerfully.
"Uh hey. I was just sitting around doing nothing and I figured you were too so you know, maybe we could go grab some food or something," he said. A blush creeped to my cheeks.
"Are you trying to imply that I have no life?" I chuckled. "Cuz it's true and I am very hungry so you better come pick me up ASAP,"
"Look in your driveway," he told me. I peeked out the window and smiled.
"You know me all too well," I laughed. I clicked the end button and grabbed a jacket. I slid into the passenger seat and gave him a warm smile.
"And I wasn't implying that you have no life.... I was just saying that you never go out," he smirked.
"Um isn't that the same thing?" I asked.
"Yeah pretty much," he laughed.
"And what about you? You're not exactly mr.social," I responded.
"Shut up or ill make you walk home," he warned with sarcasm dripping from his tone.
"Yes sir," I nodded. "Where are we going anyway?" My question was answered when we pulled into a pizza place. He gave me a sideways glance before getting out of the car.
"Ill order and you can sit somewhere," he told me.
"Oh I can? thanks for the info," I joked. He rolled his eyes and went up to the counter. He returned a few moments later with two plates and drinks.
"Extra cheese with very little sauce for the weirdo," he smirked.
"How'd you remember what I like?" I asked. I took a big bite from my slice then sipped my drink.
"You ordered the pizza that one time after training and everyone was complaining of no meat and no sauce," he chuckled.
"Well aren't you observant," I smiled. We ate in silence until he was finished.
"You eat slow," he complained in a joking manner.
"You eat too fast," I retorted. He rolled his eyes. "Careful, they may roll back into your head and get stuck like that. You wouldn't be able to gawk at me anymore."
"Gawk? I do not gawk," he gasped.
"Yeah sure okay," I laughed. I heard the bell on the door ring and I looked up. Peter stopped in his tracks and smirked.
"Well well well, what do we have here?" he sang coming over to our table. "Glad to see you're getting yourself back out there Derek, after your last girlfriend was a homicidal monster. and heather, you had your boyfriend stolen from you by the new girl,"
"Shut up Peter," Derek snapped.
"Make me," he challenged. I stared into his eyes and he turned on his heel. "H-heather stop. i was kidding, come on, give a guy a break," but before he could finish he was out the door. He got in his car and glared at me. I waved to him and turned to see Derek smirking at me.
"What?" I asked.
"Should I be worried about you making me do things that I don't want to?" he questioned.
"Trust me, whatever I make you do, you'll want it," I winked. His face turned red and he chewed on his straw. "I'm kidding,"
"I knew that," he scoffed. I nodded and smirked. "Ready to go?". I said yes and we went back to the car. "Wanna go see a movie?"
"What movie?" I asked.
"There's a good horror flick out," he suggested.
"Sometimes reality is like a horror flick," I sighed. "As long as its not too scary, we can go"
"I'll protect you," he chuckled.
"My hero," I joked. Was I on a date with my dream guy? or was I just hoping this was a date?