💎Pendulum (part 2)💎

Dowsing is an excellent way to choose your crystal. There are two methods: one with a pendulum and one using your fingers.

To use a pendulum you need to establish movements representing "yes," "no," and "maybe." I find the easiest method is to hold the pendulum loosely with the chain wrapped around my fingers and anchored lightly with my thumb, with about a hand's breadth of chain hanging down. Experiment with what works best for you—some people simply hold it between their thumb and forefinger.

* Hold the pendulum over your knee and ask "Is my name [give your real name]?" The pendulum will move of its own volition either circling or swinging from side to side. Note which way it swings as this is your yes answer.

* Then give a false name and this gives your no answer—it will swing in another direction.

* Next, mix your first name with a false surname to get a "don't know/maybe" answer. For me this is a kind of shimmy of the pendulum without much movement.

* Once you know your yes and no indications, hold the pendulum over a crystal and ask "Is this the right crystal for me?" If the answer is a rather half-hearted "yes" or a "maybe," ask "Is there a better one?" If the answer is "yes," check out whether the better one is another crystal of the same type or a different one.

* To finger dowse simply loop your forefinger and thumb of one hand together through the loop link the forefinger and thumb of your other hand. As you ask your question, pull gently. If the answer is "yes," the loop will hold. If "no," your hands will pull apart easily.