Chapter 7: Realization

"Kid do what you want to do." Plagg told his holder who was in disparate need of advice.

"I wish I could take it back." He cursed at himself.

"You were chosen, the guardian of the Miraculous saw a hero in you. You weren't just picked for no reason."

"I know but... I just don't know what to do."

"Who am I kidding? I may not understand the mind of a teenager."

Teenager.

Who could he talk to? He thought of one person but he hasn't done that in so long. Would they still want to talk with him? It was worth a shot, he needed someone to be his second opinion in all of the madness that was his head.

~~~

One thing that he didn't account for was someone spotting him on the rooftops. He'd gotten good at escaping camera's by going through the back parts of rooftops. At least who saw him wasn't the one he was at odds with.

"Chat Noir." His name escaped the lips of Paris's new addition of a hero. Rena Rouge. He spun around to face her. She didn't have a battle stance like she had a time before.

"Hello Rena." Chat answered. "Odd that you're not in a battle stance before me."

"Well... I've changed me opinion about you. Paris's leather clad hero isn't all that bad."

He gave a small smile. "Glad to know I have two people on my side."

Rena thought for moment, conflicted weather or not should hold her tongue on the matter. "Chat Noir forgive me but are you at odds with yourself and someone else?"

He knew who she referred to at that someone else part. "You could say that."

"What are going to do about it?"

"Still trying to work that out."

"Hope you do."

He nodded once and went on his way. Rena treated him like a person rather than someone to be worried of. Huh, he didn't expect how that conversation would go. He continued to go in the direction of Paris's bakery.

~~~

"You can do it Marinette." Tikki encouraged her to finish her homework. Sometimes she felt lucky to have a kwami such as Tikki. What distracted her was noise from her balcony.

"What was that?" She asked about the noise on her roof.

"Hmm... you should check it out."

Marinette rose to her feet and opened the latch of her ceiling that led to her balcony. She poked her head up to see someone sitting on the railing of her balcony.

"Chat Noir?" She asked to him.

"Hi Marinette." He looked to her. She walked over to him, her arms resting on the railing.

"What are you doing here?"

"I just... needed someone."

"It's been awhile since this has happened."

"It has."

He looked hurt, she knew Chat was very conflicted but he needed someone more than ever. "What's on your mind?"

He looked at the city view. "Just multiple things."

"Like?"

"Well I original became an antihero because it got to me."

"Got to you?"

"Coming from a home that wasn't the best, with a missing parent and a parent not spending time with you and you can only show your true self in mask. It kinda got to me."

Missing parent, huh.

"And with a busy schedule, it was to much and I made the choice to become an antihero."

Busy schedule, huh.

So he's a model who has a busy schedule and a missing parent with a parent who doesn't- Oh. That wasn't what she was expecting, for someone to come from that sort of background like Chat. He seemed to hide it well with her. He never came to her if he needed talking to. He was breaking on the inside. But he came to her and that's all that was important.

This friendly blonde hair, green eyed boy with a busy schedule, is a model and- OH! Well... then. She couldn't think about it to much. Adrien needed her right now as Marinette.

"Just know that people are here and support you."

"But if half the people hate me?"

"There will be people who wouldn't. Just do what you want to do and be happy."

He was silent.

"Chat are you happy with what you're doing?"

He shook his head.

"Then fix it."

"Thanks Princess." He smiled as he left her balcony with an idea.

That idea would be one to remember. She had to admit she missed hearing nicknames from Chat. It took her a long time to admit but she did love Chat for the longest time, it was only when he was an antihero that she admitted it. Chat had stolen her heart long ago, but in return she would repair his untamed hero's heart. He was still a hero, deep down.

She knew it, but what did he have planned on fixing it and how would all of Paris react?