Chapter 9: All Good Things Come To An End

~~~1 year later~~~

"Ladies." Chat welcomed Queen Bee and Rena Rouge to the patrol for the evening.

"Anything happen?" Bee asked.

"Nope, same thing as usual, no akuma's, nothing."

"Then why do we come?" Rena asked.

"We get quality teammate bonding."

"That's one way to look at it." Turtle agreed with Chat.

"And just where have you been?" Rena questioned.

"Places, none of your business."

"Where's LB?" Bee asked.

"She'll come, you know how girls can get."

"And what's that supposed to mean?" Ladybug's voice questioned Chat's.

"My lady!" He was startled. "I-I Just meant-"

"Busted." Rena laughed.

"I just meant that..." Chat looked at his teammates in support to take his side.

"No ones gonna take your side, you're on your own for this one." Turtle laughed like Rena did.

"I just meant," Chat started again to Ladybug, "that you were taking your time to do things because you were planning what to do and your good at that stuff, hehe, please don't hurt me I love you." He closed his eyes, expecting something but surprised to get a kiss on the cheek from her. "Oh."

"Oh come on that wasn't worth it." Rena complained.

"Actually it was because now that he's distracted he's not going to be first to the Eiffel Tower."

All knew what that meant, race to the landmark. "Not fair!" Chat called after his teammates.

~~~

"Hey," Ladybug sat next to Chat, who was sitting on one of the high beams of the Eiffel Tower, "how come your not with the rest of us?"

"I was just enjoying the view of the city, it really does grow on you after 3 years."

"It does, this is the only view that never changes. But I never imagined that a small jewel would change my life."

"I never thought helping someone would lead me to being chosen to protect Paris, I was chosen and..." he searched for the right words.

"... and you couldn't be happier?" Ladybug filled in.

"I was trying to think of a better word that works though. But in one year you have a massive crush and then the next-"

She didn't let him finish, she punched him in the arm, he knew it would bother her when he would tease her.

"Chat don't do that." She whined.

"But it's funny." He said with a smile.

"Not for the one you're teasing."

"Slightly?"

"If you never gave me your umbrella then I wouldn't have liked you."

"And if you never made that promise to Paris then I wouldn't have fallen for you."

"I hate your logic."

"What's that? Chat's right?"

"Shut up." She laughed.

"You know you love me."

"It's not like I have a choice."

"Exactly!" He didn't think of what she said. "Wait!"

She giggled. "What would you say is the best thing that has happened?"

"Well... probably getting the girl of my dreams to be girlfriend is one but that wouldn't have happen if-"

"Chat don't." She cut him off. "You're a hero, that's all I've ever thought of you as."

"Why did you still care about me during that time?"

"Because I knew deep down you were still the same person I fell in love with in the first place."

He smiled. "You seemed to be the only person who still believe in me."

"And that wouldn't ever change." She gave a kiss on his cheek. Moments like these he thought that he was the luckiest even if he had the miraculous of bad luck.

"Chat?"

"Yeah?" He looked into her bluebell eyes.

"Happy Anniversary."

"You too LB, you too." The past year had been great, new teammates, Chat being a well rounded hero again, nothing could be happier. The pair looked out towards the city that they protected, hoping they would continue to protect for years to come.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

It was quite a few years after Ladybug, Chat Noir and the rest of the team had given the Miraculous back to the Guardian. Paris had a new villain now, it was time for new heroes to awakened again. A beautiful girl with long blue-black hair and bright green eyes was given the ring of destruction. While a girl with short blonde hair was given the Miraculous of creation.

The girl who was given the ring was known as Emma Agreste. She was the daughter of Paris's great and upcoming fashion designer, Marinette Agreste. Emma's father was Adrien Agreste who worked in the family baker. The Agreste was a well known family with three children, Emma, Louis and Hugo.

Marinette couldn't help but think about how lucky she was to have a family and life with Adrien Agreste. Both of them watched as how the new holders handled saving the city, a duty that they did years before. Little to her knowledge, Emma would not know that her parents  where the previous holders. Emma did anything for her last much like her father did for his.

Marinette and Adrien would only intervene if the heroes had ever lost hope in each other. However, they thought that wasn't likely because the ladybug and black cat Miraculous are a symbol of balance. This generation, seemed to be doing a good job of protecting the city and helping each other. In the end it's clear on one thing, Ladybug and Chat Noir will continue to protect Paris from evil all need is to have a warm and caring heart. Even if it does get broken, it will always be healed by those that truly care for one another.