Chapter 14: He knows--GET OUT!! (Youkai's POV)

We arrived at the dining hall at the same time as everyone else. The hall was extremely large for the days Lucifer as his random dinner parties. We all sat on one end of the table with Lucifer at the head of course. My father sat to his right and his wife sat to his left, the way they always do. I sat by Lilith and Fae sat next to my father. Drake sat next to her and Jace sat beside me. The twins sat by Jace, Rhian and Lucien sat by Drake and Druisilla sat by them. I watched as the servants placed napkins on our laps. I felt a pair of cold hands touch my chin as a pair of eye examined my cheek.

“What happened?” Jace asked.

“None of your business,” I muttered.

“If it isn’t his business, then whose is it?” Lucifer asked. “You and Fae both have similar markings on opposite cheeks. I say you two had a quarrel and you guys fought for a bit before something or someone stopped you, am I correct?” he asked. I nodded.

“Yes, Sire, you are correct,” I said, looking down at the salad the servants had set in front of us. I could see King Satan’s smirk out the corner of my eye.

“So what happened to that spirit fellow, the new one. Wasn’t he here earlier?” Lucifer asked. I nodded.

“Yes, Sire. He went back home, maybe he can join us for dinner tomorrow, hm?” I asked. Lucifer nodded.

“That’d be quite pleasant,” Lucifer smiled. He turned to Fae. “So what kind of demon are you?” he asked her.

“Sir?” she asked hesitantly.

“Are thou deaf? What kind of demon are you?” he asked again, this time a bit more intimidating.

“She’s a Vengeance Demon,” I saved her, “sir. You know, the demon that keeps people from forgiving and stuff,” I offered him a small smile.

“Yes, I know what a Vengeance Demon is Youkai, thanks,” he growled. I shrank back in my seat.

“So are you new to Hell, Fae? I haven’t seen you around,” Lucifer said.

“Uh, yeah, I’ve been on Earth most of my life, when there’s work to be done, there’s work to be done, I guess,” she smiled weakly.

“What’s Earth like?” Rhian asked her.

“Sometimes it’s nice, sometimes the people are really corrupt though,” she frowned.

“Man, sounds like a great place,” Rhian sighed in content.

“I’ll take you one day if you want,” I offered to the young lad.

“Really! Thanks Kai!” Rhian grinned.

“Do you live with anyone, Fae? Like maybe a handsome older brother?” Kala winked. Fae set down her fork as servants took up our mostly eaten salads and replaced them with our dinner-filet mignon cooked to our liking; mine was chopped with bacon and tossed on fried rice. Jace had his with a side of mashed potatoes and asparagus, much like Fae’s. I could see the frown on her face as she eyed the meat. Of course, angels like her don’t eat meat… but all of Hell does… fucking great! We’re gonna get found out! I freaked out silently.

“Fae?” Kali asked.

“Oh! Uh, no, I live alone,” she smiled. She scooped up her potatoes and ate them first. “These vegetables are great,” she commented.

“What about the steak?” Lucien asked. Fae cut up a piece of the meat and jabbed it with her fork. She brought it to her nose and sniffed it, making a disgusted face. She gave a weak smile to Lucien as she popped the meat into her mouth. I made a small, inconspicuous gasp. I watched as the angel chewed the beef slowly and forced herself to swallow it down. Oh my!