simply us

I just wanted to give a bit of insight into this before I get started; this chapter is set out as a documentary kinda, anythingin italics will be Demi talking to the interviewer like she done in Simply Complicated and anything in bold italics will be Lauren talking; I hope that makes sense. There also will be a bit of a time jump in between each section.

‘This is a big thing for me, for both of us really. We’ve both been so private throughout our relationship and our privacyis something that we cherish when it comes to our children but I wanted to give a little something back to our fans, to the people who have supported us since day one. I wanted to give people an honest look into family life because it isn’t as easy as people make out.’

‘Look at that tiny bump.’ Lauren says grinning as she makes her way over to Demi and instantly places her hands flat against her stomach.

‘Mmm… He finally decided to make an appearance.’ Demi replies smiling as she rests her hand over Lauren’s.

‘It’s so bizarre; I think because last time you were showing so early because there were two in there that I just expected you to show around the same time.’ Lauren says and Demi nods her head.

‘I’m still so nervous that something is going to go wrong.’ Demi admits biting her bottom lip.

‘We’re over halfway there, Dems. We’ve made it past the first trimester and that’s the hardest part.’ Lauren says.

‘I know I just- I thought I would’ve felt him move by now, you know? Everyone says that with your second you feel it earlierand I felt the girls move around nineteen weeks; I’m twenty-two weeks now and I haven’t felt a thing.’ Demi replies.

‘Do you want me to phone Addison? See what she says?’ Lauren asks and Demi nods her head.

‘I won’t be a minute.’ Lauren says kissing the top of Demi’s head before leaving the room to get her phone. Sighing, Demi sitsdown on the edge of the bed and glances down at her stomach.

‘You need to move for me, baby boy. Momma’s a bit of a worrier and not being able to feel you move is killing me. I just need a bit of reassurance that you’re okay, buddy.’ Demi whispers as if on cue she feels the slightest little flutter causing her to gasp.

‘Thank you.’ She says quietly as Lauren makes her way back into the room carrying her phone.

‘I felt him…’ Demi says causing Lauren to look up from where she’s dialling the doctor’s number.

‘What?’ Lauren asks and Demi nods her head.

‘I was just sitting down talking to him and I felt him.’ Demi replies smiling.

‘Do you think maybe he has been moving but you’ve just been so busy that you haven’t noticed? This time is different from last time because you’ve got two toddlers to run around after as well and we’ve moved house.’ Lauren says sitting down beside Demi.

‘Maybe… I think I’ll worry until he gets placed in my arms.’ Demi admits and Lauren nods her head.

‘I think you will but that’s okay.’ Lauren says as Demi rests her head on her shoulder.

‘If you had said to me ten years ago that this would be my life now I would’ve laughed in your face. I don’t think I ever really realised that I wanted kids until I met this one. Demi completely turned my world upside down and I knew very quickly that she was something special that I didn’t want to lose her. Now we’re approaching three years of marriage and we’re only weeks away from welcoming our third child; life is pretty much perfect.’