potty training and preschool preparations

‘Oh my, are you going to put your sticker on your chart?’ Demi says smiling as she lifts Evie onto her hip. She makes her wayover to the reward chart which is stuck to the wall and allows Evie to stick her little Peppa Pig sticker onto the chart.

‘You’ve filled up all your spaces for stickers, do you know what that means?’ Demi asks placing Evie back down on the floor.

‘Prize!’ Evie replies and Demi nods her head.

‘You get to pick out a surprise just like Pippa does when we go to the Disney Store.’ Demi says smiling. They’ve been potty training for around a week now and despite thinking that Evie would take to it quicker than Pippa, it was actually the other way around. Pippa took to using the potty super quickly whilst it took Evie a few days before she came round to the idea.

‘Now?’ Evie asks and Demi shakes her head.

‘We’re going to go when mom gets home.’ Demi replies smiling as Maverick starts fussing in his bouncer.

‘Baby brother is being fussy again; I think he’s finally getting some teeth.’ Demi says smiling as she makes her way over to the bouncer and bends down. Unstrapping Maverick, she lifts him into her arms and gently rocks the little boy.

‘What do you wanna do until mom gets home?’ Demi asks glancing back at Evie who is now playing with Pippa.

‘Bake cakes?’ Pippa says and Demi nods her head.

‘We can do that. Will we make oreo cupcakes?’ Demi asks and Evie nods her head.

‘Yeah, momma!’ Both girls says grinning.

‘Alrighty then. Let me feed Maverick and then we can made them okay?’ Demi says and the girls nods their heads before going back to playing.

****

‘I’m home.’ Lauren says smiling as she makes her way into the house to the smell of cakes and the sound of her little familysinging Disney songs in the kitchen.

‘Hey, babe. Evie why don’t you tell mom what happened today?’ Demi says running her fingers through the little girl’s hair.

‘I didn’t have any accidents!’ Evie says.

‘Really? That’s amazing, baby girl. I am so, so proud of you.’ Lauren replies making her way over and lifting the little girl into her arms.

‘Momma said we can go to the Disney store!’ Evie says and Lauren nods her head.

‘We most definitely can. You and Pippa get to pick out toys for being so clever, don’t you?’ Lauren says using her free arm to lift Pippa onto her hip.

‘Why don’t you girls go play for a bit whilst we clean up and then we can go?’ Demi suggests and they nod their head. Placingthe twins down on the floor, Lauren smiles as she watches them run into the living room.

‘How are you doing, babe?’ Lauren asks and Demi shrugs her shoulders.

‘They didn’t nap today, none of them which means Maverick is seriously over tired and teething. The girls are ridiculouslyenergetic and I’m a bit worried they’re going to crash around 5pm and then be up super early tomorrow.’ Demi admits.

‘We won’t let them sleep at 5 then plus I’ll be here tomorrow so you get to stay in bed whilst I get up with them.’ Lauren replies wrapping her arms around Demi’s waist.

‘How was your day?’ Demi asks quietly.

‘Pretty uneventful; would’ve been better if I was here with you.’ Lauren replies causing Demi to sigh.

‘I wish you were here as well… You’re going to be here when they start preschool aren’t you?’ Demi asks and Lauren nods her head. After much convincing from Lauren, Demi finally agreed that sending the girls to preschool would be good for them and they decided that if things didn’t work out then they would look into home-schooling them.

‘Of course I am, babe.’ Lauren replies smiling.

‘Thank fuck because I don’t think I could cope on my own.’ Demi admits resting her head against Lauren’s chest.

‘You’ll be fine.’ Lauren replies kissing the top of Demi’s head.

‘They’re our babies and they’re getting so grown up.’ Demi says quietly.

‘I know.’ Lauren replies softly.

****

‘I kind of want to cry.’ Demi admits biting her bottom lip as she stares down at the two backpacks the girls picked out forschool.

‘They’re going to be fine, babes. That place is amazing; it’s not like any normal preschool they’ve got a bunny and you know the girls are going to love it.’ Lauren says placing her hand on Demi’s lower back.

‘But what if they don’t? What if kids are mean and they’re miserable?’ Demi asks glancing away from Lauren.

‘We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it. I know you had an awful experience in school, Dems. I know you’re worried aboutthem having the same experience that you did but they might not. They might have the most amazing experience and we can’t stop them from giving it a shot. I promise if things are bad and they are miserable we will relook at things.’ Lauren says.

‘They loved Miss Faith and I think they’re going to have a great time. Plus you’ll get to have more one on one time with Maverick and you can get back to work if you wanted.’ Lauren adds.

‘I guess.’ Demi says quietly.

‘Plus, I’ve been thinking and maybe once Maverick is a year old and the girls are more settled in at preschool I’d quite liketo maybe start the process for me to carry a baby.’ Lauren admits and Demi tilts her head to glance up at her.

‘Really? What about your career?’ Demi asks.

‘I can take time off, Dems. We kept putting it off because my career was going well but I don’t want to put a career before our family because at the end of the day if I lose the career I still have you all. Plus you’ve given up a hell of a lot for our family and I know you love being at home with the kids but I want you to have a bit of your independence back.’ Lauren replies.

‘I love you.’ Demi says smiling.

‘I love you too… Now why don’t you arrange to go to the studio some point next week. I can have Maverick.’ Lauren suggests and Demi nods her head.

‘I think I’d like that.’ Demi replies.

‘Why don’t you go have a nice relaxing bath? I’ll put Evie and Pippa to bed.’ Lauren says.

‘Sounds like a plan. I feel like all I’ve done this week is clean up pee.’ Demi replies causing Lauren to laugh.

‘I’m sorry I wasn’t here more for the potty training.’ Lauren says and Demi shakes her head.

‘It’s fine; you’re here now.’ Demi replies.