Chasing Cars.

"Ever? Where are you?" I murmur into the dialing phone, once again, Ever doesn't pick up. My nerves and anxiety have started to riddle me, fill me with worst case scenarios, all of them with Ever, dead.

"Oh sweetie, didn't you know?" My Mom walks into my room, I shake my head throwing my phone on my bed. With the stress of being in the middle of filming a music video for my band's song Knives and Pens and not knowing the whereabouts of my girlfriend, I'm not doing too well I guess you can say.

"Ever moved away honey," 

"WHAT?!" I shout, anger pulsing through my veins as I stand up. Why didn't she tell me?! 

Without thinking, my fingers curl into a fist and I end up punching my wall. Tears streaming down my face as Mom hugs my shoulders.

"Mom," I choke, I don't know what to feel anymore. 

"Shh, it's okay honey. It'll be okay." Mom strokes my hair to calm me down just as Dad walks into the room with a sympathetic look on his face. I can't believe it, Ever moved away and she didn't even tell me. That's nothing like the Ever I know, or, knew. 

/Years Later/

"Andy, wake up baby, you've got a show to play tonight!" My girlfriend Scout coos, I open my eyes with a yawn escaping my mouth as Scout draws back the curtain to the window in our hotel room.

"Morning Scout," I smile as she crawls back next to me, resting her head on my shoulder. I wrap one arm around her and kiss her forehead, she curls into a small ball and smiles.

"Morning sleepy head," She replies, placing a kiss on my cheek.