Chapter 16

April POV

I woke up to find Chris gone...again. I don't know what's so interesting. I get up and take a shower. I put on some skinny jeans,a crop top and my J's.

I grabbed a bag of lays and headed out. I started walking to downtown Detroit. It was like a 2 hour walk, but hey exercise is good right.

There were these little fountains that shot water out of them. There were little kids running in and out of it.

It looked so fun. I ran through it. I got soaking wet. But I didn't care. After a couple more runs I started walking home.

When I got back to the hotel Chris was there and he looked mad. No not even mad, like, he was furious. Uh-oh.

"Why are you so wet?"
I decided to tell him the truth.
"I ran through the little sprinklers downtown." I said.

"What?!" he screamed.
"April, you could've been taken. Are you serious? April, somebody could've taken you to the police and they could've taken you back home to your mom."

"I'm sorry Chris, I really am, but it's not fair you get to go out at 2 or 3 in the morning and I can't go anywhere."

"Well maybe it's because I'm not the one that ran away and is now being looked for by police!" he yelled.

"Well then maybe I should go back home." I said. As soon as I did, I wished I hadn't. I didn't want to go home at all.

"No way. I wouldn't be able to stand it if you went back. April I'm sorry I said that. No matter what, I'm not going to let you leave, ok?"

"Ok Chris."

He leaned in and kissed me and then let me go change.

Chris POV

After she walked away I fell onto the couch. I was still mad at her. She could've been taken away from me. I couldn't let that happen.

I couldn't help but think that she wanted to leave. I told her that no matter what I would keep her with me. And I meant that.

She came into the room with some yoga pants,a hoodie and some timberlands on. That's my girl. She be looking like a thug already.

I didn't know what to do with her today. "What you want to do today April?" I asked.
She thought about it. "Can we take a walk?"

"Sure.". I took her hand and led her out of the hotel. Where should we go? I thought. We started walking and I saw the man from the restaurant.

He was talking to a police and pointing at April. The police started running after us. Oh crap! We started sprinting.

The officer was right behind us. We turned right, then left and then a u-turn. We had lost him by then. We took one more turn into an alley and caught our breath.

"You thought you lost me, well think again." I looked and it was the officer. Crap.

Super sry for all the long waits.