0.1

|| shells ||

It was a friday night in their town, Seaport, when the boy started on his nightly routine to walk the sandy shores of his local beach - just as the numbers on his phone changed to 12:00 AM.

He always did this, every single night. It had become a ritual for him, a way to keep him sane and to level his emotions even when situations were tough and influenced them to skyrocket.

Kicking up the loose, dry sand as he walked, the boy mumbled another All Time Low song. They were his favorite band, and he felt that their music voiced what he was feeling. Their songs told what he couldn't say.

The beach was almost completely desolate by this hour, save for the girl at the end of the shore, sitting on the wet sand with her head in her knees. Her shoulders were a dead giveaway that she was crying, with all of their shaking and trembling.

The boy had seen the girl a few times before, and thought maybe it was a coincidence, that she got lost or was just taking a midnight stroll.

But he was wrong. She had been coming to that beach long before the boy, for the same reasons as he did. She would bawl her eyes out at the beach, just to go home and put up a bold front, shutting everyone out.

She was too hurt by everyone's previous actions to forgive - which was actually understandable given the circumstances that she was under at home.

As the boy walked closer to her, he began to feel his heart wrench inside his chest. He had always been a very sweet boy, caring for everyone and everything. He couldn't bare to see someone in so much pain, and he had noticed it was a recurring thing. He realized that she was so sad that she had to keep coming out here to let all of her emotions out - she had so many bottled inside.

The girl didn't care that she was getting her huge, worn in sweater wet and sandy. All she could focus on was trying to level her breathing and keeping her fingers from trembling as they drew patterns and swirls into the damp sand.

The boy checked his phone and then hastily shoved it into the back pocket of his black skinny jeans, hurrying to get home after noticing that the time was now 1:27am. He should've been heading home right about now, even though nobody would be there.

The girl continued to sit, oblivious to the boy closely watching her to make sure she was safe there on her own. The boy eventually gave into his responsibility to get home and left the beach. The girl still sat, her only thoughts revolving around the crashing of the waves, the dry whispers that emitted her throat, and the soft tears that flowed down her cheeks in a never-ending downpour.

Slowly, she calmed herself down and abruptly fell asleep, pushing away the pain in her heart. She was finally allowed some peace.

••• ••• ••• •••

yeah so basically, first chapter

to sum it up hot hoodie atl demon child is pimping to the beat on the beach and poor little lonely sandy girl is sitting in the sanD BEInG SAD

tell me what you thought? idk do what you want but you're pretty fucking cool if you're reading this ok bye i love you