0.2

|| shells ||

Come the next night, as always, the girl stumbled upon the beach's soft sand and crumbled to the ground, soon feeling the wet texture of liquid sadness pouring down the length of her grimacing face.

No more than thirty minutes had passed and the boy did the same, beginning his nightly trek along the length of the shore.

Tonight, the boy was sad. He was usually upbeat and happy, despite all the newfound complications in his life. He was never pessimistic.

But tonight, everything seemed to be going wrong in his eyes. He just couldn't seem to catch a break. Even when he came to the beach, a small part of his mind was always preoccupied with the pondering thoughts of his mother's chances of survival. She had recently been diagnosed with liver cancer and didn't have a very large window until the disease would take her life, and the boy's happiness.

With his brows furrowed and a deep scowl set on his tan face, he hugged his black sweatshirt tighter around his tall frame. He kicked up all the sand in his path and searched high and low for some of his beloved shells, but to no avail.

His eyes began to water as he looked up to the sky. The boy let out a low, throaty yell at nothing in particular and brought his hands up to his jet black hair, tugging at the dark strands mercilessly. He spun around in circles, attacking the sand with his feet.

He slowly stopped, and gasped for breath, realizing he had salty tears running down his face.

He kept along still, walking slowly until the horizon ended and he came to the finish of the seemingly never-ending shore.

There, the girl was sat on a bench at the end of a wall built up entirely of big black rocks.

The wind blew her brown hair behind her delicate head and pushed her rushing tears toward her ears. Her hazel eyes were giving way to what seemed like a continuous stream of them.

The boy didn't know the girl, but he had seen her enough times to recognize the pain she was in. It physically hurt him to see such a beautiful girl in such a tremendous amount of sadness.

All he wanted to do was to hold her and be able to tell her that she wasn't alone in the world and that he was there with her, as well.

But she was a stranger to him, and vice-versa.

So the boy formulated a plan to get her to know who he was so he could ease the pain from her beautiful eyes. It wasn't too straightforward, and if he were a sappy girl, he thought it would catch his own attention.

The boy ran to his house farther down upon the beach and threw open his bedroom window, letting himself in, but not too gracefully.

He got up from the ground and paced around his room, mentally thinking of what he would need for his so called "plan".

He rushed over to his desk and shoved all of the clutter that lied upon it onto his already messy bedroom floor. The boy then proceeded to take out a blank piece of paper and a pencil.

He began to write.

It wasn't anything that would appear like he was pouring his heart out - the letter told the girl about all of the cute things he had noticed about her and things that would surely cause her face to break into a soft, watery smile.

He took his sweet time with writing it, putting as much thought into his words as he could. The boy wanted the girl to feel pure happiness while reading the letter - he wanted her to feel noticed.

The sky slowly turned from pitch black to a dark blue, and the boy took that as his signal to deliver the letter to the girl, as he knew she was asleep on the beach, as per usual. He didn't want her to know who he was, not yet, at least, so he would deliver it while she slept soundly.

He rose from his chair and stretched his arms upwards, feeling comfort suddenly while knowing that he was finally trying to help the girl. He had thought about it many times, but never had enough courage to actually go through with it.

He ran out of his window and onto the beach's shore again. He sprinted toward the girl's location at the rocks, and felt the sea salt spray against his warm skin as it hit the rocks rhythmically.

The boy kissed the letter for good measure, then gently placed it upon her lap.

Taking one last look at her peaceful stature, the boy walked off into the distance, just as the sun began to

rise out upon the water's silky edge.

••• ••• ••• •••

give me calum or give me death !!

this story is going to be really progressive and nothing is going to happen suddenly so you might love it or hate it idk

i'm gonna have fast updates too bc of how short the chapters are so yeah sorry about that too oops

I LOvE YOU