1.7

|| shells ||

"Shit, it's freezing, Cal!" Bella screeched while crossing her arms and trying to calm her chattering teeth.

"It's not oven that bad." Calum shrugged, wading his way over to Bella.

"It's fucking freezing. I cant believe you talked me into doing this." Bella said in an annoyed tone. Despite her somewhat anger at him, Bella's actions were quite contradictory to her emotions, as she reached out to wrap her arms around his broad waist.

"I didn't really have to," Calum began but stopped himself when he saw Bella's hardening glare. "I'm sorry, baby." Calum pouted.

"I'll live, I'm getting extra cuddles." Bella wiggled her eyebrows and buried her face in Calum's damp chest, leaving a few random kisses here and there.

"I'm enjoying this, too." Calum sighed, one of his hands playing with Bella's now knotted hair, the other one slipping lower and lower towards her bottom until she smacked it away.

"Be happy enough that I'm hugging you and I'm nearly naked. I don't think I can handle any more than this right now, buddy." Bella smirked, pulling away and patting Calum on the chest.

He groaned loudly. "Bella, no. Come back here, I'm cold."

"Sucks because this was your idea." Bella stuck her tongue out at him and jumped in the water, swimming away from him. Or more like thrashing, since she wasn't the most coordinated person alive.

"Come back!" Calum laughed, diving in after her and swimming fast to where she was.

Bella screamed and splashed Calum, standing up so she could tackle him. Suddenly he slipped underwater, and Bella couldn't find him.

"Cal?" She questioned softly. "Where are you? This isn't funny." Bella took in a sharp breath as she took another step into the deeper waters.

Suddenly a large hand grasped her ankle, pulling her into a warm embrace.

"What the fuck was that?" Bella screeched, hitting Calum on the chest over and over again as he laughed at her scared face.

"Relax, baby. I wasn't trying to scare you so much." Calum said after sobering up, leaning down to leave a soft kiss on Bella's cheek.

"Only because you're a dork and I pity you will I forgive you, Calum Thomas Hood." Bella smirked up at the tan boy. His face was illuminated by the bright moonlight, the glow making him seem that more angelic in her eyes.

Calum leant his forehead against hers, then proceeded to kiss every inch of her face, saying something cute after every time.

"You're beautiful," Kiss. "You're hilarious," Kiss. "You're adorable," Kiss. "You're amazing." Kiss.

Bella giggled, wrapping her arms around Calum's neck and burying her face into the crook of it. She bit her lip to try and suppress her gigantic blush, but knew that it was strong enough to warm up Calum's shoulder where her face laid.

"You're a dork," Bella whispered. "But I like you." She kissed just under his ear making him smile and shake his head at how wonderful she was in his eyes.

"Good to know," Calum breathed, "I kinda like me too." He winked at Bella.

"Dork."

+++ +++ +++

Bella and Calum currently sat on his couch, continuing their Shrek movie marathon that Bella had refused to take part in earlier in the day. She was clad in one of his oversized band tee shirts, and a pair of his sweatpants that she had to have rolled several times before they wouldn't slip down.