1.6

unedited

-

|| shells ||

"Let's do something fun." Calum told Bella later that night.

The night sky was now full of stars, their glow lighting up Calum's room. They hadn't moved from their same positions for the entire time they had been in his room, and Calum was beginning to get antsy.

"Like what?" Bella asked laughing.

"I don't know, let's go on a walk." Calum said smiling over at Bella in hopes that she would agree. He didn't want her to be sad tonight, he wanted to cheer her up as much as he could.

"Sure, I guess." Bella shrugged and peeled herself from Calum's embrace. She stood up and stretched, yawning as Calum threw on a shirt.

Calum grabbed Bella's hand and walked down the stairs and out the front door.

"So, where to?" Bella asked, gripping Calum's arm with both of hers as she leant on it.

"To the beach." Calum drawled out smiling goofily.

"You're a dork, Hood."

"I'm actually very offended by that, Miss Jones. Don't be a bully to me." Calum pouted, pretending to cry.

"So, you're a dork and a bad actor now?" Bella smirked.

"You love to be mean to me, I'm wounded by your actions." Calum turned away from Bella making her lightly laugh.

"Sorry." She drawled out, leaning over to peck Calum's cheek.

"You're lucky I actually like you, Bella." Calum faked a glare.

"You couldn't hurt a fly, you're too sweet." Bella scoffed.

"Come on," Calum whined. "You keep saying things that make me sound like a girl."

"It's just too easy, Caly-waly." Bella said in a baby voice, pinching the unamused boy's cheeks.

"I'm a fucking badass, Bella. Like a grade A player."

Bella burst out laughing. "You sound like one of those preteen white boys who think they're gangster."

"Damn it." Calum hissed.

"The hole's just getting bigger, Cal. Stop digging."

"Never!" Calum yelled, picking Bella up and throwing her over his shoulder, running the with her all the way to the beach.

"Put me down!" Bella yelled, pounding on his back as she laughed.

"Nope." Calum said smugly, glad that he had the upper hand for once.

"You suck." Bella said after a moment, although a smile was still evident in her voice.

"I believe it's called wearing the pants in our relationship, actually." Calum smirked, poking Bella's butt.

"Touch my ass again, I'll kick you in the balls." Bella dead panned.

"Yep." Calum said with wide eyes, hurrying over to the bench on the rocks so he could finally put Bella down.

"Home sweet home." Calum said, sitting Bella on the damp wood.

"What are we doing?" Bella asked laughing.

"Night swimming!" Calum said grinning.

"I'm going to be cold!" Bella whined, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Then I'll hug you," Calum replied smugly. "You're going to go in, my plan is fool-proof."

"Fine." Bella groaned, leaning her head back and pushing herself off of the bench.

Calum was already taking his shirt and his pants off, leaving him in only his boxers. Bella found it quite alarming how easily she had adjusted to him never being fully clothed.

"Don't look." Bella squealed at Calum, as he peeked at her when she began to peel her shirt off.

"Fine, fine." Calum muttered, turning back to the thrashing waves.

Not even a minute later, Bella stood next to Calum at the edge of the rocks, looking at the blue water just in front of them.

"You ready?" Calum questioned, looking Bella in the eyes. He was trying his hardest not to look at anything else, and he managed, oddly enough.

"Yeah," Bella breathed, looking back at him. "Let's go on three, okay?"

"Okay." Calum breathed.

"Jump in, though. Don't chicken out." Bella giggled.

"Shut up." Calum blushed, hugging Bella to his bare chest quickly then releasing her, quickly entwining their hands again.

"Let's go together." Bella said finally.

"Together." Calum repeated.

"One, two, three." Bella counted, the last word leading to their jumping in.

••• ••• ••• •••

i'm at 700 reads and iM SO HAPPY

i love you sO MUCH THaNKS FOR BEIng a+