1.8

|| shells ||

The next morning, Bella got up before Calum and slipped on leggings, not getting to change out of his tee shirt before Luke honked his horn from outside.

Bella grabbed her phone then walked over to where Calum was laying on the couch. She smiled at how peaceful he looked, then leant over to kiss his cheek sweetly.

She walked out the front door, shutting it quietly behind her as not to wake Calum up from his slumber.

Bella proceeded to run over to Luke's car, hopping in the passenger seat.

"Hey," Luke looked over at Bella and smiled, driving away from Calum's house. "How was your night with lover boy?" He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

"Shut up!" Bella laughed, whacking Luke on the arm. "We watched Shrek and ate junk food. Are you satisfied with that, Hemmings?" Bella asked.

"No, I honestly don't care about what you do," Luke began. "But are you satisfied, honestly?"

Bella sighed heavily. "I like Calum, I really do, it's just," Bella paused, trying to find her words. "Sometimes I feel like he only wants this - this sort of fling between us, I guess? I mean, it's been about two months since we've met and all we do is kiss. No dates, no labels on what we are. I just want something more, he's more than just a guy I like to kiss in my mind."

Luke huffed. "That's difficult."

"No kidding."

"Well," Luke began. "I think you should just take a break from thinking about your situation with him for today. You know, just focus on having fun, don't let this get in the way." He smiled reassuringly at Bella.

"I can try." She sighed.

Soon they had pulled into the music store that Luke worked at. They both climbed out do the car, and walked into the store. Luke led Bella over to the new releases section, and she began to scour through the different CDs and vinyls.

"No way! You guys finally got The Cab!" Bella yelled excitedly, waving their newest EP "Lock Me Up" in Luke's face.

"I know, Bella," He laughed. "I made sure we had them stocked for once."

"I'm so getting this, let's go." Bella said with a wide smile, tugging Luke over to the register.

He checked her out then led her back to his car.

"Onto the fun part!" Luke yelled, trying to lighten the mood.

"Ugh, don't remind me." Bella groaned.

She loved Luke's family to death, but they weren't the most interesting people on the planet. All of them were practically geniuses, while Bella, on the other hand, was only of average knowledge.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I promise if they start to talk smart again we can go do something else." Luke pleaded to Bella.

"Fine." She sighed, even though she would've been perfectly content with staying at Luke's. She didn't let him know that, though.

Bella rushed to put her new CD in the player, quickly finding herself singing along.

"How do you know all of the words?" Luke laughed, looking over at her every few seconds.

"I may or may not have downloaded it on my phone already." Bella admitted sheepishly.

Luke laughed out loud. "What's the point of getting the physical version, then?"