Chapter 16

Journey Hayes

"Journey, get the door for me!" I hear Dad yell from some distinct location in the house. Sighing, I put down my chemistry book and stand up, making my way out of my bedroom.

"Journey!" Dad's voice comes from the kitchen while I enter the living room. "I'm here, Dad," I walk to the front and look out of the peephole and noticed whomever it was, was covering it. With my eyebrows furrowed in confusion, I unlock the door and I was face-to-face with Mr. Hakeem Daniels. Before he could say anything, I push him back and I step outside and close the door before I started going off. "What the hell are you doing here?! I told you I didn't want to speak to you!" I say, crossing my arms.

"Look, I know I fucked up, aight? I didn't mean any of the shit that I said. I love you, baby and I've been feeling really shitty without you." He says, reaching out to grab my hand. I roll my eyes and sighed, "What's your real reason for coming over here, Hakeem?" I asked him with squinted eyes and he sighed, hitting his fist against his hand before he spoke,

"To apologize to you and ask if you'd like to be my date to Prom." He says, flashing a smile.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss him because I really did but I'd also be lying if I said that my gut was telling me to turn my ass around and march right back into the damn house, but of course, I didn't listen to my gut

I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss him because I really did but I'd also be lying if I said that my gut was telling me to turn my ass around and march right back into the damn house, but of course, I didn't listen to my gut. My heart was speaking louder than my brain right now so that's what I listened to, even though I know I shouldn't have.

"Uh, I-I wasn't expecting that..." I said, ripping my eyes away from his gaze and staring down at my bare feet.

"I know, but, I figured it was worth a shot. Baby, I didn't mean anything I said. I was angry because I was so embarrassed. I'm not expecting you to apologize because you have no reason to. You were just being honest. But, I don't want that to be the reason why I lose the bond with a girl that I truly love. I really value our relationship and the bond we've created but sometimes I don't think before I react and that's what gets me in these fucked up predicaments. But, All in all, I just want you to forgive me and I want to move on from this. I want my baby back."

He reaches for both of my hands and this time, I let him touch me. He held my hands in his and intently stared at me, waiting for my response. And just like the fool I knew I was, I gave into him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and I kissed his lips softly before hugging him. He nuzzles his face into the crook of my neck and he wraps his arms around my waist and he holds me close.

I missed this. . .

"I love you..."

"I love you, too." He responds, pulling away from our embrace. He kisses my lips softly and while doing so, his pager goes off. He reaches into his pocket and grabs it before reading whatever was displayed. Sighing, he looks at me, "I gotta go. I love you and I'll call you later on tonight, yeah?" I nod with a small smile on my face. "I love you too," He kisses my cheek and walks off.