The Darkest Day - Part 1: The Invasion

Water... Earth... Fire... Air..." Katara voices over as the benders demonstrate as she talks. "My grandmother used to tell me stories about the old days, a time of peace when the Avatar kept the balance between the Water Tribes, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, and Air Nomads. But that all changed when the Fire Nation attacked." It journeys into the map showing the world and closes in on a bender displaying all the elements. "Only the Avatar mastered all four elements. Only he could stop the ruthless firebenders. But when the world needed him most, he vanished." He disappears from sight. "A hundred years have passed and the Fire Nation is nearing victory in the war. Two years ago, my father and the men of my tribe journeyed to the Earth Kingdom to help fight against the Fire Nation, leaving me and my brother to look after our tribe." It shows the Water Tribe men on their boats and Katara hugging her older brother Sokka holding up a lantern. "Some people believe that the Avatar was never reborn into the Air Nomads and that the cycle is broken, but I haven't lost hope. I still believe that somehow the Avatar will return to save the world."

The Darkest Day - Part 1: The Invasion

On a crescent-shaped port on the island, the Gaang get ready for the invasion which will begin today, they look over three maps overlapping one another, 2 of them are maps of the Fire Nation and the other is the map of the World. Sokka now in his Water Tribe gear studies the maps with intense concentration and wipes perspiration off his forehead, Katara gives him a cup and he takes it from her. Katara is too in her Water Tribe gear, Appa sleeps in the background while Toph rests on a nearby rock in her old clothes with Momo resting at her feet, Aang jumps out and lands beside Toph. "Top of the morning, Momo!" Aang greets him and Momo scurries onto his shoulder.

"Sounds like you slept well." Katara comments, looking at him.

"Like a baby moose lion. I'm ready to face the Fire Lord." Aang replies getting into an attack position.

"So what's your strategy for taking him down? Going to get your glow on" Toph flutters her fingers in front of her eyes, "and hit him" She punches the air repeatedly, "with a little Avatar State action?" She asks him, with the mentioning of the Avatar State Aang looks down dejected.

"I can't, when Azula shot me with lightning, my 7th chakra was locked, cutting off my connection to all the cosmic energy in the Universe," Aang answers her, hating that moment even more so now than ever.

"You know what I just heard? Blah blah spiritual mumbo jumbo blah blah something about Space." Toph retorts as a fog rolls in near the horizon.

"Oh no. Sokka, do you think the fog will delay the invasion?" Katara asks her brother concerned.

"No, that is the invasion," Sokka answers her, as five Water Tribe ships appear out of the fog, their Father Hakoda peering through a telescope with Bato standing beside him, both in their Water Tribe warrior armour.

Aang and Toph make it down to the port, Earthbending some docks for the ships and Katara and Sokka run towards their Father with Katara proceeding to embrace him. "You made it Dad!" Katara exclaims happily.

"Were you able to locate everyone I told you to find?" Sokka asks him.

"I did. But I'm a little worried, Sokka." Hakoda tells him looking behind at Due and Tho as they descend from the ship. "Some of these men aren't exactly the warrior type."

"Whooo-wheee. This place ain't nothing like a swamp. What'd you reckon this is, Tho? Some sort of exploding Fire Nation exploding trap that would eat ya?" Due asks Tho pointing at a rock.

"It's just a rock, Due." Tho corrects him.

"Well, I'll be." Due gasps.

"Is it just me, or are those fellas a little loose in the leaf head?" Hakoda asks sceptically.