Second Chances For Good

"Water... Earth... Fire... Air..." Katara voices over as the benders demonstrate as she talks. "My grandmother used to tell me stories about the old days, a time of peace when the Avatar kept the balance between the Water Tribes, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, and Air Nomads. But that all changed when the Fire Nation attacked." It journeys into the map showing the world and closes in on a bender displaying all the elements. "Only the Avatar mastered all four elements. Only he could stop the ruthless firebenders. But when the world needed him most, he vanished." He disappears from sight. "A hundred years have passed and the Fire Nation is nearing victory in the war. Two years ago, my father and the men of my tribe journeyed to the Earth Kingdom to help fight against the Fire Nation, leaving me and my brother to look after our tribe." It shows the Water Tribe men on their boats and Katara hugging her older brother Sokka holding up a lantern. "Some people believe that the Avatar was never reborn into the Air Nomads and that the cycle is broken, but I haven't lost hope. I still believe that somehow the Avatar will return to save the world."

Second Chance For Good

Appa still in his armour with the rest of the group walk slowly on a rocky and barren land with the sun blazing above their heads. Toph has her head down, trudging along with Haru and Sokka walking behind her with their eyes closed.

Aang walks tiredly with Momo rests on his head with a similar expression, Teo in his wheelchair, is wheeling himself with The Duke behind him. Both of them hanging their heads down dejected, Katara walks alongside her brother with the same expression as the rest of the group. "This is humiliating," Katara mumbles, but everyone still hears her.

"Do you mean getting thoroughly spanked by the Fire Nation," Sokka suggests and his sister turns her head towards him, "or having to walk all the way to the Western Air Temple?"

"Both." She answers turning her head back to face the front.

"Sorry guys, but Appa," Aang stretches his head out and affectionately scratches the area under Appa's eyes, "gets tired carrying all these people." He tells them.

"I wonder how the rest of the troops are." Teo ponders, hoping his Father is well.

"They're probably on their way to a prison. Seems like my Dad just got out, now he's going back in." Haru grumbles thinking of his Dad too like most of the group.

"I miss Pipsqueak." The Duke groans, thinking of his friend.

"I miss not having blisters on my feet." Sokka lies, he really misses his Father and Suki and needed to make it up to both of them, Toph still feeling with her feet comes across what they've been looking for and she makes an expression of relief.

"Hey, we're here. I can feel it." Toph calls out to the others and they stop near the edge of a cliff, in front of them is a vast empty space filled with white mist in between the cliff they stand on and the one in front.

"Uh, I think your feet need their eyes checked," Katara tells her, not seeing anything.

"No, she's right," Sokka looks up at Aang, stunned at what he's saying. "We are here." Sokka looks around the area but sees nothing and brings up both his arms to show that he can't see anything and they stand on the cliff.

"Wow, it's amazing." Toph compliments, as she sees the whole structure with just her feet, underneath them is a multi-tiered structure of an upside down pagoda, which is the Western Air Temple.

That same day but earlier, Zuko slowly slides down the rope with his hands, he turns around to a large statue of a female Airbender and looks at it. He continues to make his descent to the Air Temple grounds and stops swinging himself on the rope, gaining momentum with each arc. He jumps off at the fourth swing, and lands onto the Air Temple grounds, balancing himself with a hand on the floor, he straightens ups and looks around the area. He looks up as Rin follows after him, she jumps down and walks over to him taking his hand as the other three come down the rope too as a memory comes to light for the both of them.