Darkest Day - Part 2: The Eclipse

"Water... Earth... Fire... Air..." Katara voices over as the benders demonstrate as she talks. "My grandmother used to tell me stories about the old days, a time of peace when the Avatar kept the balance between the Water Tribes, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, and Air Nomads. But that all changed when the Fire Nation attacked." It journeys into the map showing the world and closes in on a bender displaying all the elements. "Only the Avatar mastered all four elements. Only he could stop the ruthless firebenders. But when the world needed him most, he vanished." He disappears from sight. "A hundred years have passed and the Fire Nation is nearing victory in the war. Two years ago, my father and the men of my tribe journeyed to the Earth Kingdom to help fight against the Fire Nation, leaving me and my brother to look after our tribe." It shows the Water Tribe men on their boats and Katara hugging her older brother Sokka holding up a lantern. "Some people believe that the Avatar was never reborn into the Air Nomads and that the cycle is broken, but I haven't lost hope. I still believe that somehow the Avatar will return to save the world."

The Darkest Day - Part 2: The Eclipse

The sun high in the sky has the moon beginning to overlap one another as the Eclipse is soon upon everyone. The submarines at the water, guarded by Hue and six other warriors as destroyed, smoking tanks are strewed about the ground of the Plaza. The Fire Nation tanks and soldiers shoot fire blasts at the caterpillar tanks, which for a semi-circle against the Plaza wall. The sides flip open and Earthbenders throw stones at the Firebenders, a Fire Nation soldier signals the catapults to fire, the projectiles fly through the air as the Earthbenders' stones and shockwaves destroy the catapults.

Sokka, Bato, and an Earthbender examining a map on the ground from behind the tanks of the Fire Nation Capital, behind them, Toph shoots a rock through the side of the tank just before a fireball collides into the tank. Sokka winces at the loud explosion nearby, he looks up and sees Katara helping their Father through the Plaza's large doorways, he still holds his wounded side. "Dad! You're on your feet again." Sokka cheers as he and Toph run towards them as Katara lets Hakoda sit down.

"Thanks to your Sister. I'm in no shape to fight but maybe there is someway I could help." Hakoda tells them.

"Everything's going smoothly and the Eclipse hasn't even kicked in yet," Sokka assures him.

"Let's hope our luck holds out. Katara, you seem distracted. Is something wrong?" Hakoda asks his daughter, she takes a few steps forward looking out into the distance.

"Yeah... is that... is that Aang?" She questions looking at the figure in the distance.

"What?" Sokka gapes as Aang glides towards them, dodging the numerous fireballs, and lands in front of his friends. "Please tell me you're here because the Fire Lord turned out to be a big wimp and you didn't even need the Eclipse to take him down?" He asks his friend with hope.

"He wasn't home. No one was. The entire Palace city is abandoned. Well, I thought it was but it Shai and Shin were there." Aang tells them, they look in horror at the thought of the Earthbending twins keeping guard.

"They knew." Sokka comes to the realization. "But Shai and Shin being there only means that there could be more."

"It's over. The Fire Lord is probably long gone. Far away on some remote island where he'll be safe during the Eclipse." Aang argues.

"No. My instincts tell me he wouldn't go too far. He would have a secret bunker. Somewhere he could go so it'll be safe during a siege but still be close enough to lead his nation." Sokka argues back, he had to think of the possibility that he was true.

"If it's an underground secret bunker we're looking for. I'm just the girl to find it." Toph voices raising her hand, Sokka pulls out a small device resembling a pocket watch, it makes a ticking sounds as it counts down, and there is a dial and notches on one section of it.