DORIAN TYLER

Dorian Tyler
Contestant

Contestant Biography

Dorian is related to legendary singer and inventor of soul music, Sam Cooke. Talent runs in the family and for Dorian, singing has been a way of life since he was only 3 years old. At that time, he began singing at his church. Having almost died at birth when the umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck, Dorian doesn't take anything for granted. Dorian was in a boy group with his brother called NG2 (New Generation).

★  Dorian feels music is in his blood because his great-aunt is the mother of legendary soul singer Sam Cooke.

★  Dorian was born with the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck and was pronounced dead at birth. The doctor was about to remove his life support when he suddenly began to cry.

★  Dorian loves songwriting and is always in the middle of writing different songs.

★  He's very athletic and loves to play football as a running back and as a wide receiver.

★  Not really a lady's man, Dorian considers himself to be a one-woman type of guy.

★  In his spare time he likes to spend time with his family, playing video games, or joking around and having fun.

★  His favorite boy band is the Jackson 5 and his favorite soundtrack song is "I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston from The Bodyguard.