Bodyguard duty

Copyright © 2018. All Rights Reserved

"So apparently the date went well," Nic was saying as he held the door open for Kieran. They started the conversation on Leo's date outside of Kingsley, and continued it after stopping outside of the building to the modeling class. "I mean, he's been texting her constantly all today. So much for the whole Wait-A-Day rule."

"Minimal self-control," Kieran agreed.

"Exactly."

He shrugged up the straps on his backpack as they started up the stairs. Kieran had his athletic bag slung over his shoulders, and he walked alongside Nic as he went on talking. "Yeah, so... They went to see fuckin'... I think it was Avatar II or something weird and time-consuming like that. But they're both super into sci-fi and shit so that's what they decided on. And it took long enough for them to make the movie, might as well see it, you know?"

"Was it good?"

"Hell if I know. All Leo talked about was how Olivia, like, held his hand the whole damn time. She spent all four hours or some shit playing with his fingers. Apparently it was the most relaxing hand-massage he never knew existed," he explained, and Kieran laughed out loud.

They came to the fourth floor where people from the class were gathering around the closed door, waiting for the instructor to arrive and unlock it. When they came into view of the group, the older fella hollered, "Ey! It's Kieran! How are you, my boy? How's the day treatin' you?"

Kieran laughed, smiling adorably as the two of them approached the group and said, "I'm fine, Ezekiel. Thanks for asking."

Ezekiel beamed at them both, striking handlebar-mustache curling. He had the build of a vintage lumberjack ad, with the buzzed sides turning grey along the edges, and the curl to his ginger hair. Nic found him to be rather comical, especially when he asked to Nic was.

"Oh, this is... my boyfriend, Nic. We both go to Arnette together," Kieran explained, gesturing to Nic as Ezekiel reached out to shake his hand. Nic stepped forward and shook his hand, along with the other two—Eliana, and Ronan.

"Gwen dropped the class," Eliana told them. "So it's just us four now! Unless... Nic...?"

"Oh, no, I'm good. Thanks," he laughed. "I'm actually in the fine arts school at Arnette, so in a few weeks I'll be drawing models rather than being one."

"I thought that was coming up a bit sooner," Kieran commented, mentioning the still life from their portrait session. He explained that they had a filler project between the sections of the class, and on top of that, how everyone had to practice modeling—fully clothed, mind you—before the professor would bring in a nude model.

They prattled on about this-or-that until the instructor showed up in an ankle-length dress littered with embroidered flowers. She greeted them all cheerfully, and went to unlock the door. They stuck around outside while the instructor set up the room, and at that point Ezekiel said, "Hey, did Kieran mention going out for drinks tonight?"

"Briefly. Last week," Nic confessed with a smile. "Why?"

"We're planning on heading to my apartment after this," Ronan said, drawing Nic's attention back to him. In all their rambling, Nic found plenty of time to observe the guy—the one who had to be the youngest out of all of them aside from Kieran. He was probably around twenty-five, with a striking Italian-esque facial structure and even tan. He had lengthy silver hair, and vampiric canines that made Nic want to punch a wall when Ronan nudged Kieran in the arm and said, "Yesterday you said you were still in. Same goes?"