Let the mayhem commence

Copyright © 2018. All Rights Reserved

In all honesty, Nic assumed Sav would be up for a study session. So it wasn't his fault that he couldn't predict her ultimate dropout. And here Nic thought they were friends, but whatever. The people closest to him end up being the ones to betray him, that's just how the world goes. He didn't know Milo well enough to feel entirely comfortable spending a few hours in a quiet room with him. The guy was a complete mystery—! Well, except for the fact that they spent two hours a week in the same lecture hall...

So yeah, he wasn't a complete mystery, but still.

Nic: Hey, you wanna study together today at 3?

Kieran: Can't. Im at work.

Nic: Boo, you whore
Whatever it's fine.

Kieran: You're lucky I picked up on that Mean Girls reference or else you'd be dead.

Nic: So you ARE cultured

Kieran: I'm going to maim you on Saturday 7 o clock sharp
Don't be late.

Nic is typing...

Nic: Bev help Kieran's going to kill me

Bev is typing...
Bev: What'd you do this time?

Nic: ME? I didn't do anything
He's just being a meanie and threatened me

Bev: I'm sure he's just showing his affection for you
Maybe he means to smother you with his love

Nic: Ha. good one.
And by good I mean terrible

Bev: I thought it was good ;)

Nic: You wouldn't happen to want to study together?
I maaaay have accidentally agreed to study with a guy I barely know
Kinda scared. Halp.

Bev: Only you Nic... Only you...
And I dunno. When?

Nic: Like, in an hour at Mayhem
Shit *Mayhew
Eh, it works

Bev: Autocorrect knows ALL
And... I might be a bit late but sure? I guess?

Nic: YOU'RE A LIFESAVER THANK YOU

Nic fiddled with the strap of his backpack as he waited outside of Mayhew for Bev. It wasn't quite three yet, but...usually he was a punctual guy. And he didn't want Bev to stress about this. Did she know where she was going? Would she find Mayhew all right?

Of course she will—she's a sophomore, not a freshmen like you, Nic reprimanded himself as he tapped his foot on the concrete steps. He sat down, pushing his hands against his knees and wondering why the hell he felt so jittery about this. Sure, he and Bev weren't the greatest friends, but he knew her better than Milo, and... it was always easy hanging out with her at the Co-Op. Why would now be any different?

He saw her turn the corner of the building next to Mayhew, and he jumped up to meet her halfway. She waved excitedly at him, rocking a pair of black overall pants, and a red-striped shirt. "Hey Bev. I like your outfit," he said, accepting the high five she held out for him.

She grabbed onto his hand and swung it down to their sides, elbowing him in the arm. "Thanks—it's surprisingly comfortable. I thrifted this jacket, and I've even got iron-ons!" She twisted around a little to show him the back of her jacket. It was a heavy jean jacket with a plaid felt interior lining, and she flaunted it like she made it herself.