Externally sexy sugar daddy, internally ugly asshole

Copyright © 2018. All Rights Reserved

The spontaneous workout session... sort of worked out. They just hadn't planned on both Leo and Olivia joining them. Nic was certain that it would have been fine if Kieran miraculously—and without Nic's permission—convinced Sav, of all people, to come with. It was honestly a goddamn miracle, and would have been great, had they all not gone straight to the pool while Kieran and Ellen went to lift weights,

They picked the same time as last time, which meant nearly the entire pool was their's for the taking. The instant Milo saw it, and the wide open lanes, he hollered and ran for a canon ball, much to the lifeguard's surprise, and later annoyance when everyone else joined in. Nic catapulted after Milo, and grabbed onto him from behind, slinging his arms around Milo's shoulders all while adding to the screeching echoing off the tiled walls.

Sav sat on the edge of the pool kicking her legs around while everyone else stood around in the shallow section with the water up to their torsos. Nic started laps with Milo, and while Bev and Olivia joined in, they started races that only managed to last a few laps before Milo was hopelessly out of breath, and Bev was teasing him from over the rope.

Nic paused at the end of the lane, panting as he slung his arms over the edge and looked over at where Olivia was lingering, kicking her legs in the warm water and staying afloat. Her eyes were focused across the pool, where they could hear Sav and Leo talking. Sure, the pool was huge, but with the amount of people in there, no conversation was entirely "private."

They were talking about a video game Wes purchased earlier that week, and were plotting a viewing party that weekend. Neither of them were entirely onboard with the idea of the Co-Op's party on Saturday, either, considering what happened last time. The bruise on Leo's face was long-gone, but it was natural to want to forget about it entirely—especially when they were friends again.

"You think I'm being ridiculous, don't you?" Olivia commented to Nic after they both observed Leo and Sav in silence. "Like, a guy and a girl can't just be friends."

"Sure they can. Sav and I are friends."

"I know, but sometimes I don't think Leo thinks that way," she confessed. "He always talks about her. They're always texting about nonsense and it doesn't make sense."

"That... is the definition of nonsense..."

"Well, you know what I mean. It's all mindless stuff. Leo isn't mindless. You know? You can't keep his attention if you aren't talking about something important," she explained, coasting up to the rope beside Nic and leaning her elbow against the ledge. They listened to the water lap up and suck through the vents before she said anything more on the subject. "I mean, you probably don't want to hear this, but sometimes we'll be making out and he'll stop because Sav texted him."

"Okay, gross."

"And I'm over here in my swimming suit after I shaved frantically before coming here and... he's over there talking to Sav," she whined quietly, muffling it into her arm. "Am I being ridiculous?"

Nic knew she wanted him to say "No" but that would just encourage her jealousy. He didn't want to do that, but... it was a bit weird, he had to admit. And until now he hadn't pegged Leo as one of those fickle guys who flaunted around without a care for what people thought. Leo was constantly thinking about how others felt—it was the entire reason why he wanted to be an RA in the first place. Well, aside from the free housing and meals, but still.

"I think... that Sav and Leo are really good friends. Like, do you have any super good friends? Like Kieran with Ellen?" he asked, and when she stayed quiet, he decided to continue. "I mean, I'd count Sav as a super good friend of mine. I'd probably stop in the middle of a make-out session to talk to her."