Chapter 2- Cloud of Darkness

"I'm starting to think you enjoy being late, just to see the annoyance of the council. Honestly Anakin, you have to be more punctual..." And like Padmé before him, he began to babble on and on, nonstop about a lecture he heard a million times over, about the lack of his attention span, while simultaneously worsening his migraine.

Anakin had landed his speeder for not even five minutes, and Obi-Wan had already begun herding him to the council chambers like Mary's lost little lamb, from that cute little nursery rhyme he learned from his mother as a child. One he was fantasizing about passing down to his own little one's if this war would ever end and he and Padmé could settle down, if Obi-Wan would ever shut his yap so he could think! He vaguely wondered if Mary scolded her sheep for its tardiness, to speak with the pompous Jedi council.

"Anakin!" His masters voice, usually so monotonously soothing, screeched like a banshee in his aching head filled with turmoil. Anakin's strides faltered quickly after, squishing both palms to his skull with a grimace before whirling on his master. Blue eyes sharp and slit from pain and frustration at his incessant prattling.

"What?! What is so kriffing important that you have destroy my eardrums with, for the second time today?!" He bellowed, gaining a few disapproving glares from both his superiors and a couple knights. Even the children were wide eyed with fear. Anakin paused for a moment upon seeing his master's shocked expression. Huffing slightly, he turned to meet a few of those deploring eyes. Though the fear in the children's eyes, wide with varities of many colors were what forced him back into his place. He wasn't sure why it gave him an uneasy feeling of familiarity, but the reasoning was so muddled in his head, he decided to focus back on his shell-shocked best friend.

Obi-Wan, having dealt with his former apprentice's emotional outbursts for years on end, for hundreds of different reasons, knew exactly when to be quiet. He merely crossed his brown sleeved arms over his chest, lifted that same, irked eyebrow, and waited for Anakin's steam to finish blowing out of his ears. Only once his randomly intense vexation wore off, Obi-Wan lowered his tone.

"What troubles you Anakin?" He asked, genuinely concerned, by the previous yelling that echoed with an undertone of monstrosity.

"Nothing." Anakin muttered after a moment, slightly too fast to have been thought through. An obvious show of deflection traced over his features as his strides lengthened and increased in speed.

Obi-Wan's lifted brow rose slightly higher into his hairline, before plummeting. He knew Anakin disliked council meetings, the boy was always branded with a sense of inferiority when facing the Jedi masters prying eyes, which was infamous news at the temple by now. To anyone present, mutual resentment was blantly obvious between the knight and his masters.

However, Obi-Wan mused, while he had a tendency to put up a short fuss- that was far from age appropriate- he was not usually this testy.

Obi-Wan had prepared himself. He truly had braced for impact like a shell striking a creator in the land, but he did not expect this level of pure rage. He knew the abhorrent news was disturbing, and he knew Anakin's common practice of self-loathing whenever he failed to save someone or something, was exponential. However, this was simply out of line, and as Obi-Wan raced to catch up to his smoldering old Padawan, he began to sense a growing disturbance from him.

While miles seperated them when he summoned the young Jedi, Obi-Wan was hit with an insurmountable sense of Guilt from his partner and now that he stood in front of him it was even stronger now. The emotion was accompanied by the given anger, fear, and a disturbing amount of darkness that clouded his mind with thick black smog. It covered him like a blanket and he began to wonder if the young Jedi was even aware of his own worrisome state of mind.