Chapter 25- The Devil's Cry

Silence ensued long ago, along with the slender vice grip of the beautiful angel tethered with a ball of chains on her ankle to Hell as she clutched the devil closer to her. 

Both light and dark entities stared at one another with a bewildered expression, trying to piece together this intricate puzzle that seemed to form no coherent picture. Instead it formed a piece that required deep analysis in order to find the hidden meaning. It was just this as the universe engulfing them tried to discover the ludicrous reason as to why Anakin Skywalker's wife had just dashed into the ridged arms of Lord Vader. 

Meanwhile, the plant held it's smoke encrusted breath and waited for movement. Heavy ashes were pushed around the trio, attacking their nostrils, volcanoes continued to explode like a Sith Lord's fury, and the core seemed to be abhorred with such an open display of affection among it's darkness, where love was not permitted to breathe

It only lasted an instant, a blink of an eye, a fleeting thought at most, but it was there. An infinitesimal glimpse of warmth from her touch. It was intoxicating as it was comforting and Vader had nearly melted into a puddle of his own magma for that imperceptible moment, but he clamped down on the revolting Skywalker he felt in him and his exterior froze over once more. 

A hitch of breath was enough to finally motivate the planet to open it's fist of fire as the woman with locks of curly chocolate and eyes of magnificent sunlight pulled back. As she did so, her focus did not stray from her political rival and soulmate alike. "I'm so relieved to see you." She said quietly. "I'm glad you're both safe." Only now turning slightly to regard the astonished light with a kind smile that spoke her relief in words. 

I'd hardly call standing on black sand a few feet from a lava pit, safe. Anakin mused bitterly to himself. Minorly annoyed he wasn't the first she embraced after he believed her to be dead for... how long has it been since he entered some twisted nightmare of Darth Vader's creation? 

Meanwhile, Vader seemed more stunned than anything else. "How did you get here?" He interrogated, in a chillingly low tone that would send most into a fit of violent trembling and the practice of actively avoiding eye contact. 

She didn't even flinch. 

Instead she regarded him with a knowing smile that he would never admit, made his heart speed up slightly and heat his body in a shockingly non unpleasant way. "The force." It was after that Anakin knew she was no longer apart of his overstimulated imagination and his desire to keep her from harm began to spike. 

It did not take either man long to guess who sent her here, seeing as she was unable to send herself in such a mystical gust of energy. A concerned parting of the lips and a sneer of disapproval came together to form the conclusion.

"Obi-Wan sent you." Vader spat the name as if trying to rid himself of some repulsive taste on his tongue. Padmé's relieved grin, placed over her mouth by seeing her lover, had begun to slip as she picked up on the scorn that was drizzled over her friend's name.

Vader's scowl deepened upon the lack of an answer that would ease his infuriated mind and it seemed as though Padmé's contagious joy had left her too because a serious, passionate look swooped in and easily overtook the relief she had been exuding minutes ago. Vader stiffed a smile, this was his empress. "You both should thank him, he's the reason i'm here." 

The second the words surfaced however, Padmé wished she could rip them from the air and chuck them into the magma to burn and chip away until it became non-existent. The furious power from Vader like an all encompassing beacon, calling both unnerved blue eyes and startled mocha to met an angry yellow. "You shouldn't be here, this is a dangerous place! Obi-Wan should never have sent you here!"