Chapter 21- In His Dreams

In his dreams, they are happy. 

But that seems to be the only time there is serenity for all whom he loves with all his beating heart. The bright sun glistened over the lake of Varykino. The waterfall rumbled ferociously, tumbling over the rocks and crashing down onto sharper rocks below to form a sight of the most tranquil beauty.  A mild breeze tickled a few ripples, flying over everything and making it dance with all it's soothing prowess. 

A young couple relaxed together, limbs intertwined with one another as they are content to stay in one another's arms for eternal peace and joy. Silence engulfs them but neither care. All the more reason to sit back and enjoy nature at it's finest and allow the warmth of their love to surround them as they watched the majestic breeze give dancing lessons to blossoming daises. 

The husband was a force wielder, debatably the most powerful to ever exist in a millennia. He had striking blue eyes, pools of melted ice, a lightsaber of the same color azure rested on his hip. A symbol of his fight for justice from the long dead clones wars; a dreadful nightmare that they finally woke from. A faint red scar was carved precisely down his right eye, slicing his brow into something dangerous, something to give those mesmerizing orbs a second look of strife that was missed upon first glance. Everything about him screamed masculine and his lovely wife, who lay against his muscular chest in blissful happiness would agree. 

The man's wife was none other than a retired politician, something the man always stalked with distrustful glares but was the only acceptation to his distaste. Her eyes were a deep mocha, hidden away behind her eyelids, closed just enough so her eyelashes brushed the top of her cheek bones as she give a blissful sound insinuating a need for sleep. He rested a robotic hand- a testament to his recklessness on her rounded belly with adoration sparkling in eyes, that were once swollen with exhaustion, now exuberant and alive. Achieving a tenderness that the cold metal of his hand betrayed. 

They murmured quietly, giggling and trading kisses and ancient three letter words that would be as tightly linked as their fingers and as strong as their everlasting love for one another. Their different color locks, honey blond and chocolate brown curls blew in harmony with the wind. 

'Yes' Anakin Skywalker thought, savoring the moment his dreams were kind- a moment that would soon be crushed in malicious clutches of merciless lava. In seconds he would say goodbye and thank you and meet the shadow over the ring of fire once more. 

Happiness

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In his dreams, there is pain.

Fire, death, the cruel twisting knife of betrayal lingered deep in his furnace heart as his once best friend- dare he say brother, stood with his hands on his hips. His scowl reflected sorrow and disapproval. Something deeper, something unreadable to the naked eye rested in his steel eyes. 

His harlot of a wife- a woman he bestowed his heart on, that had snapped their holy vows into puffs of smoke stood beside the black figure. She ran to him, groping his hair, his face, his midnight robes with eyes that screamed fear and love. But he was too blind to see love now. Now all he saw was fire. 

She tried to tell him the truth but all he heard were lies. His master was right, she would be better off dead. To silence her lying, prattling lips, and shut her pleading eyes forever would be a gift from the force because he could not bear to look at her. He was no longer ignorant of her unfaithfulness.

Now the moon no longer blocked the sun. 

"Liar!" A thunder cloud clapped with no rain nor cloud visible in the red sky. The figure clad in black paced furiously, his every step shaking the planets core, angrily rumbling with him. Power flooded him, malice colored his eyes and hatred bloomed in his very soul. He stared into the beautiful eyes of treachery and made a choice.