Chapter Nine

Taro's POV:

I just want Ayano to be mine but why did she chose Budo? Info-chan told me that during the school festival she had a crush on me but when Budo saw her killing Osana, everything changed.

I like the way she changed but I really hope that it would be me who will make her smile for the very first time, not Budo.

I ran as fast as I can to my house which is a few blocks away from school. When I opened the front door, my sister, Hanako greeted me with a warm smile.

"Welcome home big brother! How was your day?" she said to me

I smiled at her and patted her head saying, "It's fine Hanako"

She smiled back at proceded to her routine.

Me, I just went upstairs and to my room. It was silent, it's like being in a secluded place. Then, I just looked at my window, thinking of Ayano.

Her smile, her hair that was tied into a neat ponytail, her grey interesting eyes, her bloodlust. I just want her to be mine but the fact that she loves Budo, it feels like my life is already breaking into pieces.

The rain poured heavily and my tears followed as well.

I cried all because of me not having the girl that I really love the most, and hard accepting the fact that she has Budo, now.

I'll make sure that you'll be mine, Ayano. Then, my tears were replaced by a menacing laugh.

Budo's POV:

The night was peaceful but I just couldn't sleep because of Ayano. I'm just worried about her safety, not knowing if she's okay or not.

I let my brain process it for a while then after a few minutes, I felt my eyes closing and I was already asleep, but then a horrible dream happened.

Budo's Dream:
It was dark, I couldn't see a thing but then a laugh was heard. I decided to follow the sound but after a few minutes of finding the source of the sound, the laugh was now replaced by a faint cry that can be heard. I followed it then I saw a faint light on the door, as I opened the door, I saw Ayano crying but she was covered in blood and she was holding a bloodied knife.

I decided to comfort her but I couldn't touch her. Then, I saw my body, lifeless and covered in cuts and blood. There I realized that Ayano killed me. I saw an image of Taro, comforting Ayano and telling her, "It's okay, you chose the right descion"

Then she laughed, she got up and continued to stab my lifeless body. I begged her to stop, screaming. Then the floor opened, causing me to fall. I falled into a bottomless pit, only hearing the menacing laugh of Ayano.

Then, I reached the end of the pit, my body hits the solid concrete.

~End of Nightmare

My eyes shot open, my heart was pounding so hard and fast, sweat was dripping. I looked at my clock it was already 6 in the morning. It's already time to get up for this day.

I went to the bathroom, doing my usual routine. It was a Monday so expected to have a lot of students late for the day and sometimes I'm one of those students.

While I'm changing to my school uniform, my phone vibrated. I saw that it was a text from the mysterious number. Wait, isn't she dead? Isn't she killed by Taro?

Mysterious Number: Budo,this is Info-chan and I need to warn you about something

Budo: I thought Taro already killed you

Info-chan: That's not important, I need to warn you stat

Budo: What is it?

Info-chan: It's Ayano, she's at the school roof ready to jump

When I saw that message, I put on my shoes and ran as fast as I can to school but when I got there, I saw Ayano, ready to jump off the roof.

She didn't saw me so I entered the school and running up the stairs to the school roof. When I got there, I screamed her name.

"Budo, please stay away or else I'll jump" she said to me

"Ayano, why?" I asked her

Tears were already flowing, I didn't know that Ayano can break like this.

"I just couldn't fight Taro and it's hard to choose between you and him" she said to me

"Listen, I promise that I'll protect you and I'll love you. Ayano, your my girlfriend, don't do this" I said to her

I'm already pleading, begging that she won't jump off the ledge. Then I heard the door on the other side open, I saw Taro.

"What do you want?" I asked Taro

Then, he walked closer to me but while walking he saw Ayano, on the ledge, crying

"A-ayano?" He asked

As tears rolled down in his face.