On Opposite Sides (pt. 2) | ❤️ FLUFF

Ok everyone I know Alex would've been 57 when this happened, but I'm pretending he is about 35 in this story. Sorry History!

*John*
They've called me back. I thought I could live in peace. But the British army wants me back.

It's 1812. The Americans are in a war with us again. I never got to live in America, the British took me away before I could even get settled. And Alex... my sweet Alex... I don't know what has happened to him. Is been so many years, I know he must've moved on.

I sigh and load my gun. We were about to go back on he battlefield. I watch as our commander shouts orders at us. I look intensely at the American soldiers ahead of us. They remind me of Alex... I don't know how I can kill any of them. But then I realize. These soldiers want to kill me. If they kill me first, I might never get to see Alex again. I take my first position and get ready to fight. We wait. And wait. Then the first American cannon fires.

I start running into the American headquarters, knocking down tents and destroying American supplies. I'm close to destroying half of the tents, when I find myself being sabotaged by a group of soldiers. I quickly kill of 5 of the men, but struggle with the last one. I twist his arm backwards and pin him down with my gun. I finally have him down on the floor, my gun against his head.
I'm about to pull the trigger when...
"John?" I freeze. That voice was too familiar.
"A-Alex?" I stammer, dropping my gun and looking at the man's face. It couldn't be.
He still has the same features... the same eyes... the same lips I used to kiss... this man was Alexander.
I capture Alex in a tight hug, sobbing in his arms and kissing him.
"You we're gone for so long..." I cry.
"My Freckles..." Alex cries back. "We have to go away from here, we have to run away."
"No, I'm not going to run." I say, and I see Alex's face drop. "I'm going to fight... but on your side." Alex looks back up at me.
"Wait, how?" He asks dumbfounded.
I usher to the dead soldiers, and my idea quickly clicks in Alex's mind.
We start taking the dead soldier's clothes, Alex looking a little sad at his dead companions. We quickly get over the deaths and dress me up in full American gear. I smile and hug Alex.
"Baby, I'm home..." I say. "Let's win this war."

*Time skip- 3 years later*

After Britain and the U.S. finally came to a peace, Alex and I settled down and moved in together. We kept in dating, but we both knew that we were destined to be together. We quickly got married in secret and took in one of our friends children. No one knows about our relationship. After all, being with Alex is against the law. But I don't care. I'm not going to let go of the man I love.
It took us a while to get our son Phillip. Elizabeth Schuyler, one of our close friends, knew Alex and I were together and wanted to help us start a family. After awhile, I finally agreed to let Eliza help with our baby. Alex didn't want to do "that" with anyone else, but he knew he had to it if we wanted a child. A month after the incident, we figured out that Eliza was pregnant and that she was carrying our new baby. When she finally gave birth to Phillip, we were so happy. We are forever grateful of Eliza, and because of her kindness we have allowed her to be the child's godmother. Phillip is now a happy and healthy 2-year-old. Alex is a great father to Phillip, teaching him games and always entertaining the boy. Of course, we'll have him believe I'm a "girl" for most of his life, until he can understand the punishment of our marriage. Until then, I'll be a proud "mom" to the most amazing little boy in the world. I couldn't ask for more. A caring husband, and a wonderful child. I never knew the war would take us through a journey like this. But it did. And because it took me through that journey, I'm here with Alex.

I love him.

I love my Alex.

And he loves me.