Me, you, and John | ❤️ FLUFF

So I've been seeing a ton of these videos lately and I thought it would be fun to make an one shot about it!

Alex's P.O.V.:

"Alex? Alex are you listening?" I hear Eliza ask me.
"Yes?" I snap out of my daydreams and turn back to my date.
"Thanks for taking me out," she blushes and takes my hand in hers, her face illuminated by the bright moonlight. I put on a fake smile and squeeze her hand. I try to focus on the present moment, but all I can think about is my best friend John Laurens.

John Laurens. Ive has a crush on him since as long as I can remember. I've tried going out with girls in an attempt to make him jealous, but I don't think it has worked so far. John seems completely unfazed by my love life. I guess he just sees us as friends. Two best friends who hang out all the time. I always try to get him to notice me, but nothing ever works.

I feel Eliza take my other hand and I try to keep up my act. Oh how I would love if it was John holding my hands instead of Eliza.

After a few seconds, I feel something vibrate in my pocket and I quickly excuse myself from the table. I hear Eliza protest but I ignore her and go to a nearby tree. I reach in my pant pocket and answer my ringing phone.
"Hello?" I ask.

"Look behind you!" Is all I hear before I feel myself being tackled to the ground.
"John!" I laugh, looking up into the freckles boy's eyes. John laughs back and crawls off of me.
"I see you're having a date," he says. I feel my breath hitch at the word "date".

"Uh yeah... I decided to hang out with Eliza tonight," I say nervously, fiddling with my hands.
"Oh, can I join you?" He asks mischievously, grabbing my hand and leading me back to Eliza. I freeze at the contact but smile and look back at him.
"Sure!" I say, running back with him. When we reach our table, I pull up a chair for John and sit back down.

"Hey Eliza!" John says happily.
I see Eliza glare at us with frustration. After awhile, she finally manages to respond to John.

"Hey, how's it going?"