Chapter 3: Curse this curse

Snow was falling down on a cold winter night. As usual Jack was wandering around the village which was rebuilt. It had been 80 years since the battle. Many had forgotten it by now, the castle had won against the conquerors in the end.

Jack stopped by a window which he touched, it started to cover in frost. Inside he saw an old woman. She was telling stories to her grandchildren and they, a girl and a boy, were sitting on her lap.

Still his family treated him like a hero who lost his life in the battle. His sword had been hung up over the fireplace like a memo. Jack didn't feel himself being like a hero though, he felt like a failure.

His sister, Emma, had married on her 20th birthday, 10 years after the battle. Their father had died on that day too while helping his wife and daughter to escape from the demonous villains who attacked the village.

Maybe that was why Jack never dared to show his face to them? Because he failed to protect the village and he was seen dead on the battlefield by many.

Now he was just a freak, a man who was 101 years old but didn't look day older than 21 years old. His hair was white as snow but that was about it which could've hinted his real age.

Suddenly Emma glanced towards the window but Jack was already walking away. This had been his goodbye to her. Now he wanted to just break free from his curse and have his peace.

"Mister!" A girl cheered and ran to hang from Jack's arm.

Jack smirks and looks at the girl curiously. "What's up Daisy?" he chuckles and keeps walking while the girl hangs from his arm.

"Jack Frost... don't treat me like this. Come on, come inside...let's warm up each other like usual, you feel as cold as always," Daisy pouted and Jack smiled.

"Not this time Daisy, maybe later... how's your grand father doing?" Jack hummed calmly.

"He died yesterday. Didn't you hear?" Daisy whispered with her trembling voice.

Jack paused and Daisy let go of him. Her grandfather had been a dear friend to him. He had found Jack wandering from the woods alone soon after Jack had awakened.

"Oh...I am sorry," Jack whispered and kissed Daisy on cheek. The girl turned red because of it.

"Sorry, I need to make my leave now. Take care....Daisy," Jack whispered and touched her cheek before running towards the forest.

He called out to the wind to aid him on his journey. The wind had been comforting him from time to time, when he was alone and crying in the inside. Then a soothing breeze dancing on his skin had felt good.

Jack laughed as the wind lift him up. He flew in the sky, away from the eyes of others. This was his time to find a cure. He needed to find the other half of his soul to find peace.

"What do you think wind? Will my other half be a person? Or an object? Guy? Girl? Some witch? What does it even mean... " Jack wondered aloud.

Decades passed as he was searching for his cure. The more he searched the more he was becoming invisible to others as his legend as a hero from the battle of Burgess was fading away. People were forgetting him.

Still sometimes he found people who believed in him. He was also getting his nickname known, Jack Frost, the trickster who was controlling winter and bringing troubles to the ones who met him.

Times had changed, it felt like the world was under this dark cloud. People felt scared and lonely in the world where hunger and diseases were spreading. Jack had noticed that, there were barely any situations where a girl would come and grab him from the arm and take to her home. Nowadays they just walked right through him, like he was air to them.

Jack didn't know how many times he had travelled through the world. The ages were desperate around the world for a long time. And then, from somewhere things like wonder, dreams, hope and memories started to spread.

The Guardians of the world were giving world new start and people were happier again. They started laughing and the fear and hopelessness began to ease up. Toothiana the tooth fairy, Sandy the sandyman, Bunnymund the Easter bunny and North the Santa Clause were the four Guardians. Children believed in them so these legends were able to suppress the Boogeyman.

To the Guardians Jack was just a nuisance. Jack was especially annoying to Bunnymund because he was always teasing him, giving a bit of frost on Easter days.

Still the curse was there, haunting Jack and the memories of his past life were fading away. Hundred years had passed since the day he died and he decided to stay in a island called Scotland for a while. He was tired of searching and wanted to have a break and forget for even a moment.

And then, a snowball flew to the back of his head on that winter day as he was sitting on a rock that was part of the Stonehenge. Once he looked over his shoulder, he saw a girl with red frizzy hair glaring at him with her arms crossed.

"Get off from there!" She snapped at Jack who was shaming a sacred place.

Jack just smiled, feeling happy that someone saw him. He hopped down and apologized. He decided to follow the girl around for now.

A/N:

Guess what next chapter is about