Chapter 9: Eyes of the Storm

POV 3rd person

"That's....a pretty massive storm," Anna wonders and grabs the basket which was about to fly away. She noticed how Elsa was staring towards the sea.

"You're not doing this...right Elsa?" Anna whispers and helps Kristoff to gather their picnic stuff. It was already raining and getting colder.

Elsa shakes her head slowly, "No... It seems like...for some reason cold air is pulled out from the mountains to the sea." She says and points towards it.

"Well I am not too happy that our sunny day picnic got ruined" Kristoff huffs. Even Sven pouted when he packed away the sweet carrot cake.

"We can have one later on... Still, I don't like this," Elsa's voice was serious as she got up.

A heavy wind blew, messing up her hair. Anna pulled her cape better on herself as the wind felt cold.

"Go home, I'll come a bit later," Elsa said to her sister and smiled before putting on a serious look. She ran towards the beach and then out from the safe harbor of Arendelle, towards of the shores of the sea.

"ELSA!" Anna yelled and lift the basket to Sven's cart.

Kristoff was tying Sven in front of their cart and then he let out a loud sigh, "You wish to follow her to the danger?"

Suddenly a lightning struck at the sea and there was a loud sound as the thunder split the sky. It really startled them both.

"Uh, of course.. she is my big sister and I'll follow her anywhere!" Anna said but hesitated slightly. Everyone knew that sea wasn't a good place when there was a storm.

"Fine, once I'm done with this cart we're going after her." Kristoff sighs . There was no helping it when Anna had made her mind.

POV Elsa

I keep freezing the ground in front of me as I am heading over to the beach. The ice is making my movement faster as the storm is calling out to me.

The ocean itself was dwelling as the wind was blowing and the icy rain was coming down. There was a lightning strike and for a moment the dark sky had light on it. There were figures out in the clouds.

I step back while watching and I narrow my eyes to see better as the lightning strikes again.

"ELSA! THERE IS SOMEONE!" Anna shouts above the noise of thunder. She and Kristoff had arrived as well.

"What?" I question and look at her . She was pale like she just saw a ghost as she looked through monocular.

"I said there's someone! Falling! Something dark is hitting the person!" She shouted and pointed high towards the clouds.

I didn't think as I kicked my shoes off. "Okay Elsa, you did this once...you can do it again... freeze the ocean...yes...freeze it" I spoke to myself calmly as I raise my hands.

As before it was difficult and my first try failed.

"Hurry!" Anna shouted.

"Calm down...let your powers grow..." I mumble and inhale, and exhale before I run to the sea with my bare feet touching the icy surface that comes under my foot as I run.

I surf on the waves which freeze under the touch of my foot. I keep jumping from wave to wave, running as fast as I could.

And then I saw it, how a person fell in the unsteady water and a wave splashed over. I took a dive and grasped a hold of the persons sleeve. The water droplets hit against my face as the water splashed on the ice raft which I was on. I pull as hard as I can and then I fall on my back with the man laying next to me.