1

a/n: there is a fellow fanfiction writer that has been very supportive and helped me through my writing block. It's writers_pen987 - I dedicate this story to writers_pen987 😀😘❤️

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Elijah undid his tie and unbuttoned his shirt at the top. It was a very long day and it seemed like it wasn't going to end. His mind flashed back in the past yet again.

Hayley walked in to the room, breaking his thoughts. The Original raised his had, looking at the hybrid quietly for a moment, before she spoke.

"So, you decided to go through with the ritual wedding with Elena?"

"Yes." Elijah answered shortly.

The female hybrid nodded a little, feeling like she wanted to explode inside. She continued, "The noble Elijah!"

With all the emotions that he had been whirrling inside of him the whole day, this now came like a slap that he didn't need.

"Don't" he said.

Hayley now neared the Original, he put the hand up at her."No. Don't"

"Don't what" Hayley now placed a hand on the Original's cheek, looking at him seductively.

Elijah felt his blood pumping widly. She looked at the hybrid and everything inside of him screamed - she is like a disease that you can't shake. He took a deep breath, and now took Hayley by the arm and took the hand off of his face.

"No. No more."

"Elijah? I love you!" the hybrid said.

The Original's eyes shot at the hybrid with a mixture od pain, disgust and anger.

"Now you say it. Well, now it means nothing. You walked all over me. And - I put my heart out there. I- I let you in and I don't let anyone in. You fooled me - twice."

The hybrid was quiet for a moment. "I made a mistake."

Elijah made a little silent sigh inside and then said.

"I made a mistake, too."

Hayley cut in, "But she doesn't love you! She loves Damon! She took drugs to be able to see him. She wanted to erase her memories of him, because the hurt of having lost him made her do crazy things. How are you going to be in a loveless marriage that is for eternity? And after what you have done to her? Threatening her, locking her in the cave having the Salvatores kill her best friend's mother?"

"You wouldn't understand our motives. Elena and I "

"Since when is there Elena and you?"

"Since we agreed to do this ritual wedding to save her brother, and therefore the nature's balance."

Hayley shook her head.

At that moment, Elena walked in, making a little knock on the door frame.

"Sorry if I am interrupting- I got your message. I am late, cuz I had to go say goodbye to Matt and Stefan."

 "You are not interrupting. Hayley and I are done." Elijah said gesturing to Elena to enter. And the way Elijah ignored Hayley's presence and now looked at Elena, made the hybrid turn and walk out of the room.