12

The buzzing of the phone woke Elena up. She now looked at the display seeing Klaus' name on the display. He was inquiring about Elijah.

Elena, who spent the night looking after the Original, looked at him now and replied to the hybrid.

"He is still not - out of it."

"Right," Klaus said, "have you spoken to Davina?"

"I haven't since last night? Do you know anything more from the vampire?"

"No."- Klaus replied briefly-"the strangest thing is that I could not compel anything out of him. I will see what -"

"You don't have to - she is here."- Elena now heard the witch enter the house.

"I will come by in a little whe."- Klaus said and hung up.

Elena went to meet Davina.

In the Mikaelson Mansion, Klaus put the phone in his jacket and as he swished out of his room down to lounge, he stood still seeing his sister standing there with Hope.

"Bekah?!"

"I had to come Nik"- Rebekah said.

Klaus nodded in understanding, and as she put the child down, the siblings now hugged.

"So, you take Hope and I will go see Elijah."- Rebekah then said.

"I will go with you."- Klaus said-"and then later I can take you back."

"Oh, no. I am staying."- Rebekah said.

"It is not safe for Hope to stay here, Bekah and you know it."

"We will have to figure things out. Anyway, I have spoken to Hayley and there have been some developments. I don't know if you know"

"You mean- she deciding to go through a ritual marriage herself to the Crescent Alpha?!"- Klaus said.

"Yes. We could then have her wolves on our side."

"I - do not wish their help. You see, Hayley has changed immensely. Not only does she spent all of her time in the Bayou, she has been colluding with Marcel."

"It is all because of the doppelganger, am I right? I thought that Elijah and Hayley were still- seeing one another."

"Well, there have been developments, dear sister. Elena and Elijah- shall we say- they have actually- yeah- consuming the marriage."

"They have?"- Rebekah was surprised.

"Yes. The hunter, Jeremy Gilbert is right as rain. According to Davina, the black magical hole is closed and -  and - well, Elena is now our sister-in-law- so, we put all our grievances aside."

"Is this your subtle way of saying that I should behave myself or else?"

"I don't think Elijah would be very thrilled to hear that you two didn't find a way to - communicate."- Klaus said.

"Yeah, fine."- Rebekah said.

And so, a little later at Elejah's house

"Never thought that - we will become family."- Rebekah said to Elena as she entered the house.

"Well, neither did I."- Elena said to the blond Original.

"Stranger things have happened"- Klaus now said trying to difuse the tension between the two female vampires.

"That's true."- Rebekah said turning to her brother.

"Right."- Klaus now gestured to his sister to follow him to Elijah's bedroom.