4

A couple of days after

Mikaelson Mansion, French Quarter

Elijah walked into the study, where Klaus waited for his brother. The hybrid now presented his brother an old scroll.

Elijah took it and now read it.

"Where did this come from?"

"This box was left on the doorstep."- Klaus now told his brother pointing it to the box.

"This doesn't makes sense. Freya died as a child. We were told -"Elijah stopped, inhaling sharply.

"We were told - lies." Klaus shot out.

"But if this is true- where is she? How could she - be alive?"

"And the question is why is someone alerting us about her now? After milenia?" Klaus raised the question.

"This is either a very good thing or a very bad thing. Elijah said."I will check it out."

Putting the scroll in his jacket and turning to leave, the hybrid stopped his brother."So, is the ritual wedding a family occasion or not? I mean- you will be bringing a woman into the Mikaelson fold- and she is not just any woman! "

Elijah narrowed his eyes, turning to his brother, "it is not a family occasion."

"Elena still bears a grudge, I see."

"Are you serious? Shall I remind you of the fact that you killed her aunt, you killed Elena- so to speak as you drained her blood- "

Klaus interrupted, reminding Elijah of his tresspasses with the doppelganger.

"Yes, I have my cross to bear so to speak, but I have at least apologized. What have you done? Except for making smirky remarks?"

Klaus was quiet, as Elijah's words were spot on.

"I have tried to - go and- " Klaus said,"but- I have wronged her so much that- I do not think that - I can ever right the wrong. "

"Maybe you can never do it. I don't think either of us can, but - we can at least begin" Elijah said.

Klaus nodded a little in agreement.

With a little nod at his brother, Elijah swished away from the Mansion.

Elsewhere

The Gilbert apartment

Elena now tried on the dress for the Harvest Ball that Marcel was giving in the honour of the vampire community in NOLA.

She chose a red one.

"It's - WHOA!"- Caroline now said as Elena zipped it up and adjusted it on the arms.

The doppelganger now put the hair up looking at herself in the mirror to see what would be the best solution for the Ball that evening.

"I think that maybe it is better if you leave it down." Caroline suggested.

Elena pinned her hair up for a moment.

She sighed as she now looked at the other dress-

"I think this red dress is too much."

"Why?"- Caroline now said-"Let them eat their hearts out."

"We are only going to this Ball to keep our enemies closer."

"I never thought I would say this, but- it's like - we are showing that the Mikaelsons can't be messed with!"- Caroline said.

"This is like - alternative universe- we - are now on the side of the Mikaelsons?"- Elena said to her friend.