21

Previously

💞
Dahlonega, Georgia

Elijah sat down at the desk, getting a paper out -

"My darling daughter Dani Idunn,

I hope this letter finds you well. I would like to know that I have done my utmost to make things differently, but at the end my best was not good enough. Your aunt and your uncle, as well as your Godmother will explain my reasons behind my decision.

I want you to know that you were the most amazing gift your mother Elena and I got. We love you so much, and all those months we could be with you were the happiest for both of us.

Dani,

When the world gets complicated and the answers are unclear, you do not need to be canvassing others for their opinions. Do your own research, be your own guide, and listen to what your heart and intuition tells you. You will not always be right, I promise you this. You will make mistakes, so many mistakes, that sometimes you will wonder if you are capable to ever getting it right. But that's the important part. In the mistakes you will find your pathway to the resolution. Embrace them. Forgive yourself and go on.

Don't be afraid of anything that comes your way. Meet life as it unfolds. Be strong. Be happy. Be grateful. Take time and enjoy life. Your surroundings. Find comfort and joy with people who ve you for who you are. Laugh until your stomach hurts. Cry whenever you need to. Work to change things you see as unjust or wrong in this world. Be an ally to those who need one. Speak the truth even when it's hard. Your mother, same as I would want you to.

And most importantly, love  yourself. Love yourself, like your mother loved you, like I love you. Cherish your precious heart, strong mind and beautiful soul.

Your mother Elena and I will be there watching over even though we might not be close. We love you,

Always and Forever,

Your father,

Elijah.'

Finishing the letter, Elijah took his daughter to meet his sister at Elena's resting place, where he placed a rose, silently placing a kiss with his hand on the casket.

Not long after Rebekah arrived.