6-a

Marcel greeted the Mikaelsons with great honor

Marcel greeted the Mikaelsons with great honor. By his side stood Hayley, as if she was the hostess of the house.

"How good of you to come," Marcel said looking at Elena,"finally I meet the elusive doppelganger."

Elena just gave the vampire a look which didn't say whether she cared or not.

Elijah, who was standing with his wife to be, sent a warning glared at the vampire not to mess with the doppelganger. His other look thereafter was directed at Hayley. This one was more designed with questions trying to figure out what she was doing being obviously Marcel's date.

The same now did Klaus.

The female hybrid ignored both Mikaelson brothers.

To both of them, it was clear that the hybrid switched sides. Or was it all under the umbrella of trying to see what Marcel was up to.

The game of chess they all played was now stopped by a very familiar face entering the ballroom. Familiar to the Mikaelsons. The witch of witches.

"Aya!" Elijah's mind shot. Elena could feel from his hand squeeze that this person was not who he had expected to see.

Elijah now exchanged looks with Klaus. There was something much bigger brewing that was so very sure now.

Elijah looked at Marcel and the vampire looked back at the Original.

Marcel's eyes shot a look, wordlessly communicating to the vampire."All I have learned about power and how to deal with it was from you."

Elijah narrowed his eyes and shot back. "Don't kid the kidder."

The Original moved away, with Elena on his arm as if nothing had happened.

Everyone acting like it was just a nice social gathering in the name of the new found truce between the witches, vampires and werewolves.

Earlier, in Marcel Gerard's  house

"This union between Elijah Mikaelson and the doppelganger must be completed as soon as possible." Aya said to Marcel.

"Well, it's set for tomorrow."

"Not the ceremony. Though it's a stepping stone. I need the doppelganger to assume the Original power, so I she can kill him."

"You really hate him so much?" Marcel said.

"You can't begin to understand it."

"Oh, I think I can." Marcel said.

"They will finally reap what they have sown."- the witch said.

"So, killing the hunter, meaning the brother or rather cousin of Elena Gilbert is your doing?"

"No. Still don't know who or what set that in motion, but, as soon as it came to light that Elijah Mikaelson was involved, the opportunity presented itself. When we kill the hunter, or rather he does, the doppelganger will kill him."