A Crush

"Oh, I don't know what to do, Plagg!" Adrien shouted. He knew he shouldn't be shouting at Plagg, it was not his fault.

"Marinette is just a friend! I love Ladybug!" Adrien was super confused. "I wish that they were the same person!"

Plagg wished that he could tell Adrien that Marinette was Ladybug. But he didn't want to die at the hands of Tikki. Man, that kwami could shout, not to mention the sulks. Plagg smiled mischievously, Tikki couldn't blame him if that boy found out on his own, could she?

"Hey, man! Why don't you just ask Miss Pigtails out?" Plagg asked, deliberately provoking Adrien.

"Plagg! How dare you call Marinette, Miss Pigtails! Firstly, she wears ponytails, not pigtails. Big difference. Secondly, she obviously likes Luka!"

Plagg shook his head. How could humans be so blind? "Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?"

Adrien stared in shock. This was Plagg, right? He fell on his bed. This was the last straw. His world had gone upside down within 12 hours.

How could a person love two people at once. Maybe this Marinette thing was just a protective reaction from seeing her with someone else. But he knew that this was just wishful thinking. His heart was truly torn.

Suddenly, his alarm clock went off. He hadn't slept the whole night and now it was time for school. He yawned. At least he had teasing Nino to look forward to. He had come up with a story, though it had its flaws.

He grabbed his bag, settled Plagg in his pocket and checked his supply of Camembert. He raced off to school.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★

"Tikki, stay in!" Marinette breathed, closing her bag. She entered the class. Alya immediately jumped on top of her.

"How'd the date go? Did you kiss? Did he like, show any signs of being completely in love with you?" Alya bombarded her with questions.

"Whoa there, Alya. Nothing happened. We chatted as he walked me home and had a cupcake each. That's all." Marinette said.

She smirked. "Now tell me what my favourite ship was doing."

Alya blushed. "Ummmmmm... nothing. He walked me home and said bye. Nothing else."

Marinette took out her phone. It showed a picture of Alya and Nino kissing. "Hmmm... Doesn't quite seem like nothing, does it?"
she teased.

Whereas Alya had been blushing before, now her face turned red. "How did you get this picture? Were you and Luka hiding there?" Alya spluttered.

"Someone posted it in our class group. You two are going to be the topic of the day!" Marinette declared.

At this point, Adrien entered. He immediately saw Marinette. He blushed. Then, taking a deep breath he moved forward.

As Marinette had her back to him, she had not seen him. So, she was startled when she felt a hand on her shoulder. Adrien smiled. Her little jumps were ao endearing.

Marinette immediately went red when she saw that it was Adrien. Adrien Agreste was keeping his hand on her shoulder. She was never going to wash her jacket again.

Adrien looked into her phone and smirked."Seems that Alya and Nino need to be more careful."

Nino came across the room. "Hey, dude! What are you up to?"
H

e looked into Marinette's phone too and went as red as Nathaniel's hair. "What the heck!!! How did you get this photo, Marinette? Oh, I bet you were hiding in the bushes with Luka!"

Marinette grinned. "Like minds think alike. Alya said the same thing! Oh, you guys are my OTP! And no, I wasn't with Luka. I mean I was with Luka, just not in the bushes."

"It seems that some Kittypie999 posted this in our class group." Alya said, checking her phone. "This guy - I'm assuming that it's a guy bit it could be a girl too - has a black cat with a ladybug on its nose as his profile picture."

Marinette gasped

Marinette gasped. She knew it was Cat Noir. Adrien saw her gasp and knew that she knew. He cursed under his breath. He shouldn't have kept something that obvious. It was Plagg's idea, really.

Before he could stop Marinette, she burst out. "You guys can't be that stupid. Obviously it's Cat Noir!"

Realization dawned on Alya and Nino's face. Alya smacked her hand on her face. "Holy Ladybug! I've been sooooo stupid!"

Nino was a little slower in processing the information. "So, our great superhero Cat Noir is interested in one little couple. And he just happened to be there."

"Wait, so there was an akuma attack last night?!" Alya exclaimed. "And no one told me!!!!!!!!!!"

"Calm down, Alya. You don't have to get hyper. There was no akuma attack after Captain Hardrock. Can't a hero have some fun?" Adrien put in. Miss Bustier came in and everyone scrambled to their places.

"Meet me after school at my house. We'll go and watch Adrien's photoshoot together." Alya whispered as class started.

Marinette nodded. She stared at Adrien but in her mind's eye she was imagining herself far, far away in the arms of another boy.

At the end of the class when Miss Bustier was gone, Rose announced, "Hey, everyone knows tomorrow is Miss Bustier's birthday, so don't forget." everyone started talking about what gifts they had brought for her.

Marinette ran home and started working on he gifts - one for Miss Bustier and one for a special someone. She called Alya. "Alya, I'm sorry but I can't come, I'm working on the gift." Marinette as careful not to tell Alya about the other gift as Alya would never stop teasing her.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Plagg was flying around Adrien's head singing, "Adrien has a crush on Marinette, Adrien has a crush on Marinette, Adrien has a crush on Marinette, ........." He couldn't believe that humans were that dumb when Adrien started denying it, saying that he liked Ladybug.

It was getting annoying with Plagg yelling in his ear. He closed his eyes as he lay down on his bed. He saw the image of Marinette smiling at him. He started up and almost fell out of his bed. he said, almost whispered. "I think I have a crush on Marinette."

Plagg heard it and began his chant again. This time Adrien didn't mind it.

It was true.

♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

Author's Note: The next part will be after the Zombiezou episode, so be sure yo see it before the next part!