x. VELMA DINKLEY

CHAPTER TENVELMA DINKLEY

CHAPTER TEN
VELMA DINKLEY

Minutes later, we still had absolutely no idea what the hell had happened to Lydia.

Allison and I had managed to get her off the ice and out into the parking lot. The brisk winter air that seemed to be twenty degrees colder than that of the rink seemed to calm her down almost instantly, acting as if she had never uttered such a shrill wail in her life. She had been screaming like a banshee one moment and then the next...nothing.

And with the departure of her scream and the hushed whispers of the ice, also came the unbearable silence. She had clammed up once off of the ice and refused to even say a simple okay. She wouldn't even look Allison or myself in the eye. Her silence was more terrifying than her scream. When it came to talking, Lydia could probably beat Stiles out and that was saying a lot. She always had some sort of thought on her mind, and like my boyfriend, always had to make it known. But this time? We got nothing out of her.

So Allison volunteered to take her home, considering the strawberry blonde's car was still parked in the Argent's driveway. So I had grabbed my bag from the back and bid them goodnight. Five minutes later, I was still in the lot with Stiles and Scott, still pondering over what she had seen.

"There was nothing under that ice," Scott repeated for the umpteenth time.

"And the obvious award goes to the teen wolf," I muttered sarcastically. "I know there was nothing under there. But something clearly scared the shit out of her. It's not like she was screaming for nothing. She saw something and whatever that something was, it got under her skin. Watching her yell was terrifying. So whatever the heck she saw had to be pretty bad."

"There was nothing under there," Scott said again.

"Scott, she was clawing at the ice!" I yelled. "Whether or not that something was corporeal or not, she saw something. What if whatever happened to her has something to do with the bite?"

While Scott was muttering his confusion about what corporeal meant, Stiles decided to put his two cents in. "What about the bite? I thought Lydia was perfectly fine?"

"On a werewolf scale, yeah she's normal. But all that means is that she's not running around with a target on her back for the Argents to shoot wolfsbane bullets at."

"What are you saying?" the two boys asked.

"I think that whatever happened when Peter bit her, is somehow causing all of this. Think of it this way, she gets bit. Then the doctors say she's having some kind of an allergic reaction. And somehow, like she was immune, she doesn't become a creature of the night like Peter said she would have to," I stated. "And now, she's escaping from a two story hospital room, running around in a fugue state for two days and now she's seeing things and screaming her lungs off. Lydia might not be a werewolf, but she's something.