xx. PERKS OF BEING PRETTY

CHAPTER TWENTYPERKS OF BEING PRETTY

CHAPTER TWENTY
PERKS OF BEING PRETTY

"So let me see if I understand correctly," I said to Allison. "Matt asked you out and you said yes? Keeping in mind of the fact that you're dating Scott?"

  On the other side of the call, the brunette in question sighed. "I-I didn't know what to say, okay? I panicked!"

  "How is it that 'no' wasn't the first option in mind?" I asked, pressing my phone to my shoulder with my ear. Maintaining said balance, I was managing to paint my toes a light sea foam green. I was originally going to go with pink, but once I got on the phone with my favorite teen hunter, I grabbed the wrong bottle and was too lazy to go get another one.

  "I just...I don't know," she groaned. I could practically picture her stalking around her room, pulling at her hair.

  "Okay, first order of business, stop yanking at your hair; you'll go bald. And don't try to tell me you're not because we all know you are," I muttered as she started to pipe up. "Secondly, I think you're blowing this out of proportion."

  "But Scott—"

  "Will manage to get over it," I chuckled. "He'll throw a bitch fit and move on with his wolfy life. I mean, it's not like you're breaking up with him for Matt—you're not, right?"

  "Of course not!" she practically shrieked from the other end.

  I rolled my eyes despite the fact she couldn't actually see the action. "Well, I don't know what goes on in that head of yours. I mean, last time you dumped him it was because he wanted to protect you."

  "Carson—"

  "Chill, Argent," I laughed. "I'm just messing with you. But seriously, stop freaking. You're anxiety is giving me anxiety. And I have to go spend the next couple hours with Stiles and his dad and that already screams anxiety."

  "Why are you hanging out with him and his dad?" Allison asked and I could hear muffled clicking noises in the background. Seconds later, I could hear the faint sounds of Lana Del Rey.

  "Lana, nice choice," I commented. "And Stiles wants to hang out but he's bringing dinner down to his dad at the station so I thought I'd tag along."

  "No steamy make outs for you two?" she laughed.

  I groaned. "Really? We do other things than kiss you know."

  "What? Help Scott save the world?" she joked.

  I rolled my eyes again. "I don't judge your relationship, missy."

  "Uh, yeah, you do," she replied. "Like a lot."

  "Not recalling this, Argent."