xvii. BABYSITTING THE TEEN LIZARD

CHAPTER SEVENTEENBABYSITTING THE TEEN LIZARD

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
BABYSITTING THE TEEN LIZARD

  "You know, when you said this was illegal," I began, shooting a look at Stiles as we stood near the trees. "I didn't think you meant we were going to steal a police vehicle."

He merely shrugged. "We needed a way to keep him from hurting anyone."

"And a van is going to do that?" I asked skeptically, gesturing to the van Jackson was currently knocked out in. Scott had had to punch him a few times throughout the night. I volunteered to do it for him, but apparently hitting that idiot wasn't in the cards for me.

"It's our best chance," Scott told me reassuringly.

I shook my head. "Yeah until Mr. Stilinski founds out we jacked one of his departments vans."

"Your faith in my plans is insulting," Stiles scoffed in faux annoyance.

I rolled my eyes. "You love me."

Now it was Scott's turn to roll his eyes.

"I don't know what you're rolling your eyes about over there, Mr. Werewolf Romeo."

"Hey, I—"

"Stiles! Carson! McCall!" Jackson's very annoyed voice screamed from the van. It echoed slightly and I cringed. Great, he was awake. "I'm going to kill you!"

Stiles, Scott and I glanced at each other unsurely. I bit my lip before muttering sarcastically, "He took that well..."

Later, Stiles and I traipsed through the trees from his jeep. We had left for a little while to go home and change out of the clothes that we had been in yesterday. Frankly, I wanted to go home and sleep but apparently we weren't getting our ways today.

"I don't see why we have to come back," I groaned, my fingers intertwined with Stiles'. Our joint hands swung softly in the space between us as we walked and I let out a small grin. At least that was something normal in this messed up town.

"Scott said we need to keep an eye on him," Stiles shrugged, clearly not happy about us being on watch right now. He had had to put clothes on Jackson and wasn't too thrilled about it either.

We neared the van and Stiles pulled out the keys he had snagged from his dad's office. We were so screwed if his dad found out. Like massively, massively screwed. He unlocked the van and yanked one of the back doors open. I slipped in first, sliding across the metal bench. Jackson was sat across from me, and now Stiles who had sat next to me. Stiles closed the door, about to say something when Jackson jolted in his seat.