xxvi. THE CONCEPT OF FIGHTING

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIXTHE CONCEPT OF FIGHTING

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
THE CONCEPT OF FIGHTING

My fingers were picking at the string on the bottom of my plaid shirt. Well, actually it was Stiles's but whatever. I had to distract myself and so far today, this was the only thing keeping my mind off everything that was going on.

I was sitting in a plastic chair outside the guidance office, waiting for my turn. My French teacher, Ms. Morrell had signed me up for an impromptu meeting. I personally thought that I didn't need a damn meeting but the school thought it was in my best interest seeing that I had been held hostage a few nights ago.

According to Mr. Stilinski, after I had gone down, Matt had taken him out as well. The two of us had blacked out on the floor of the police station for at least half an hour. When I finally came to, there was a paramedic checking to see if I had some kind of concussion. I did, but it was mild enough that I didn't have to stay overnight at a hospital or anything. I had been blacked out for that long and I had no freaking clue what had happened.

Over the next few days, I had been caught up with everything else that was going on. And boy, it was not pretty.

For one, Allison's mom died. Scott had told us everything about the night of the rave but he managed to leave out one key detail: Derek had bit Mrs. Argent. Now, normally it would have been all fine and dandy but the Argents were werewolf hunters. Apparently their code stated that if one of them was bit, they had to kill themselves. And apparently after that, Allison had gone off the rails. My once innocent friend who wouldn't dare hurt anyone was out for vengeance. The idea of killing Derek off seemed to be consuming her. Scott said he didn't even recognize her anymore.

Speaking of Scott, his mom was now very well aware of her son's furry little problem. Apparently while I was unconscious on the floor, Derek had wolfed out and fought the kanima. Scott had joined the Alpha in his endeavors, which led to Mama McCall seeing him, fangs and all. She hadn't talked to him since.

As for Matt, well there were a lot of developments in that area. The real reason he had taken us all hostage was because he wanted the bestiary. He said he needed answers and Scott said his torso was becoming covered with scales. According to Derek, he had broken the rules of the kanima. The kanima's purpose was to take out people who had done wrong, much like the furies. But Matt overstepped the boundaries, using it for pure malice. Nature always tends to find a balance, so Matt broke the rules of the kanima, he became the kanima.

However, we weren't going to have to deal with two mutant lizards running around. Matt had ran out of the sheriff's station to a nearby overpass with a river. The police reported that he had drowned.

The only good bit of news I received was that Papa Stilinski was reinstated as sheriff. They had given him his badge and everything, congratulating him on finding out who was killing everyone. I mean, technically Scott, Stiles and I did but we weren't going to say anything.