Chapter 1

•Mickey•

This Was A Day I Had Been Looking Forward To All My Life. Prom. Growing Up, Watching Tv And Seeing People Go Off To Prom Always Seemed So Special. I Looked In The Mirror At My Dress And The Make Up That Was So Beautifully Done By My Cousin.

"Awww Mickey You Look Gorgeous!" My Grandmother Exclaimed As She Came Into The Room.

"Granny!" I Quickly Hugged Her. "I Thought You Weren't Going To Be Able To Make It."

"Miss This? Oh Hell No."

My Mother's Room Was Full. Me, Her, My Grandmother, Sister, Cousin And Aunt.

"Where Is Dad, He's Late." I Said.

"He Should Be Here Any Moment, Calm Down." My Sister, Alex, Told Me.

My Mother's Door Opened And Another Cousin Popped Her Head In. "Your Prom Date Is Here."

"Oh Shit." I Said Accidently Before Covering My Mouth And Looking At My Mom.

"Imma Let That One Slide, Don't Do It Again." My Mother Pointed At Me.

"Oh And So Is Your Dad. He Ain't Even Take Off His Coat. He Said Just Come On Out."

I Sighed Heavily. I Know What Your Thinking, It's Just Prom. That's Not What I'm Nervous About. I'm Nervous About 1. The Prom Date That I Was Able To Snatch Up. My Long Tim Crush Since 6Th Grade And Two, I Know My WHOLE Family Is In That Livingroom And I Hate All Eyes On Me And Being Center Of Attention. It Fucks With My Anxiety. I Looked Myself Over In The Mirror One More Time.

Everyone Else Walked Out Infront Of Me, My Sister Started Recording Me On Her Phone And Taking Pictures On Mine As Well

Everyone Else Walked Out Infront Of Me, My Sister Started Recording Me On Her Phone And Taking Pictures On Mine As Well. As I Walked Out, Instantly My Family Was Talking And Taking Pictures And It Looked Like The Whole City Was In My Livingroom.

Then I Saw Him. My Prom Date. Dominic Hilton. This Man Is Perfection. Smooth Caramel Skin, A Tapered Fade And Daggering But Nice Eyes And Plump Pinkish Lips. When Dominic Looked At Me He Smiled Which Gave Me Some Sort Of Validation.

"Move Out The Way Y'all, We Gotta Get To Back Drop If Y'all Wanna Take Pictures!" My Sister Yelled.

Her And My Cousin Helped Make A Path For Me To Get To Where The Backdrop Was.

It Was Simple But It's What I Liked. Me And My Sister Put It Together Ourselves. We Took A Million Pictures And Finally Was Able To Leave.

When We Got There I Had A Very Unsettling Feeling. Even In The Car, It Felt Like Someone Was Following Me But I've Been Feeling That A Lot Lately And I Have No Idea Why.

I Was Excited To Be Here But Also I Wasn't. I Only Fucked With A Few People From School, I Didn't Even Fuck With The School And I Hated Most Of The People Around Me. To Say I Had The Worst 4 Years Of Highschool Was An Understatement. All The Mess, Drama And Trouble I Got In, That's A Whole Other Story.

After A Minute Of Searching I Found My Friends Ava And Brielle. They Got All Excited When They Saw Me And Quickly Pulled Me To The Table They Were Sitting At With Their Dates.

"Sooo Who Do You Think Won Prom King And Queen?" Ava Asked Sitting Down Next To Her Date.

"I Just Got Here, Can I At Least Eat First." I Said Looking Over At The Buffet. "Dom, You Coming?"

"Actually Imma See If I Can Find A Few Of My Friend Too. I'll Be Right Back." He Said Looking Around.

"Okay." I Said Before Watching Him Walk Away And Disappear Into The Crowd.

"Bri, Come With Me." I Told Her.

She Followed Me Over To The Food And I Picked Up A Plate, Some Utensils And Napkins. I Made My Way Down The Table, Picking Out The Things That I Wanted As Me And Brielle Started Conversing.

"How Was The Ride Here?" She Asked.

"Quiet As Hell. I'm Started To Think I Should Have Come Alone."

"What? And Miss Out On Dominic Hilton. Your Long Time Crush."

"I Don't Think He's That Into Me."

"Oh Come On, If He Wasn't Do You Think He Really Would Have Wasted His Time Coming To Prom With You Anyways."

And Just Like That, Looking Around The Room, My Heart Sunk. Looking Past Brielle, I Could See Dominic Flirting With None Other Than Vanessa Jenkins. The Girl Every Boy Wanted And Every Girl Wanted To Be. Brielle Noticed And Looked Behind Then Back At Me. Sorrow Filled Her Face. I Hated Vanessa And She Very Much Hated Me. When Her Eyes Caught Mine, She Smirked.

"I'm Sorry Mick."

"No, It's Fine. I Knew It Was Too Good To Be True Anyways." I Said Disappointed. I Took My Plate And Went To Sit And Eat.

•••

"Mick, You Can't Just Sit Here Forever." Ava Said Running Up To Me From The Dance Floor.

"I Don't Want To Dance Ava."

Ava Looked Around The Room And Her Eyes Landed On Dominic And Vanessa Who Were Aggressively Making Out In A Corner. They Should Have Just Came Together.

"Fuck Them, Dom's Nothing But A Fuck Boy Anyways."

"I'm Just Going To Go To The Bathroom. I'll Be Back."

"And Then You'll Dance?"

"And Then I'll Dance." I Reassured.

I Made My Way Out Of The Dark, Hot And Stuffy Room And Down The Hall To Find A Bathroom. When I Did I Almost Stumbled In Over My Dress Which I Was Starting To Hate. This Wasn't Even My Dress Of Choice. I Only Chose It Because My Mom And Dad Thought It Looked Good On Me.

I Could Barely Even Sit Down On The Toilet Because Of This Stupid Dress. As I Was Using The Bathroom I Decided To Take My Heels Off And Slip On My Socks From My Purse. Getting Out Of The Stall Was Also A Hassle. I Blame Myself. As I Was Washing My Hands I Felt A Presence Behind Me. I Looked Up Seeing A Man Behind Me, Dressed In What Looked Like Hunt-mans Clothing From A Movie. He Startled Me So I Screamed. He Tried To Grab Me But It Was Hard Because Of The Poofy Material Around Me. We Began Fighting And He Tackled Me To The Ground, Pinning Me There.

"Get Off Me You Sick Fuck!" I Yelled.

"Your Coming With Me, Princess." His Gruff Voice Said.

I Spit In His Face Making Him Sit Back, I Was Able To Somewhat Push Him Off Me And Slide Myself Away From Him.

"Oh You're Gonna Pay For That." I Heard Him Say As I Tried To Get Up And Run. As I Did So, He Grabbed My Dress, Roughly Pulling Me Back, Ripping It And Making Me Fall Back, Knocking The Wind Out Of Me. I Struggled To Breath For A Few Seconds, Giving Him The Chance To Grab Me And Pull Me Up.

As Soon As I Gained My Breath I Elbowed Him In The Face And Tried To Make Another Run For It But As Soon As My Hand Touched The Door Knob He Gripped A Fist Full Of My Hair And Pulled Me Back So Aggressively I Was Sure He Pulled Some Hair Out. I Screamed Out In Pain.

Just Then A Few Girls Came In Giggling With Each Other. When They Saw Us They All Stopped And Started Yelling And Screaming At Him And For Help. He Ran Off, Pushing Past The Girls, Even Knocking One Of Them Down In The Process While One Of Them Came To My Aid.

"Are You Okay?"

I Recognized Her. She Was In My Math Class. Brittney Was Her Name.

"I-I...I Don't Know."