Chapter 8

•Michael•

I Had Been Texting Mickey But She Wouldn't Text Me Back. I Found That Really Strange. I Had Been Watching Turfs To See If I Could Catch Her Going There From Across The Park. I Was Waiting On A Bench When I Finally Saw Her Walking Towards Turfs From The Opposite Direction. I Started Making My Way To The Place As Well. She Walked In And Maybe 30 Seconds Later So Did I. She Was Ordering Take Out.

"Mickey?" I Questioned, Knowing Damn Well It Was Her.

She Turned Around. "Oh Michael, Hey."

"Hey, I Uh, Haven't Heard From You In A Minute."

"Oh Yeah I've Had A Lot Going On The Past Couple Of Days. I'm Sorry, Things Have Just Been Hectic."

"Oh Really?"

"Yeah, I Think Someone's Been Stalking Me So My Mom Called The Police And One Of My Best Friends Freaked Out Over The Herbs You Gave Me. I Think She Thought They Were Drugs Or Something I Don't Know."

"Wow." I Said Concerned. "That Does Sound Hectic."

Her Friend. Why Would Her Friend Freak Out?

"Oh Hey Mickey." I Heard Behind Us Making Me Turn Around.

A Small Girl With Porcelain Skin And Wild Curly Hair Came Walking Up To Her. When We Made Eye Contact Her Facial Expression Changed And I Could Already Feel Her Aura. She Was Definitely A Fairy.

"Um Mickey-"

"Hi I'm Michael." I Said Almost Sneering At Her.

"Ava Denavy."

"Denavy Huh?"

The Denavy's Are The Most Know Fairies In Alcorzodon For The Simple Fact That They Are The Family That Helped The Witches Find A Cure For The Plague That Killed My Family.

"Yes, You Heard Me."

"Um You Guys Know Each Other?" Mickey Asked.

"I Know Her Family, We Have A Long History." I Said Not Taking My Eyes From Ava.

I've Also Definitely Seen Her Before When This Last War First Broke Out. I Remember After Asphera Got Away With Mickey, She Came After Me. I Grabbed Her By Her Neck, Squeezing The Life Out Of Her. How Was She Standing Here Alive?"

"Oh Well Um, We Just Came To Pick Up Some Food."

"Oh, Well Reply To My Text."

"I Will."

"You Won't." Ava Butted In.

"I'm Sorry?" I Asked, My Eyebrows Coming Together. "I Was Surely Talking To Mickey."

"You Heard Me You Big Oaf."

"Ava!" Mickey Exclaimed.

"Stay Away From Her, You Hear Me." she Seethed.

"Sure Ava, Whatever You Say." I Said Before Eventually Just Leaving.

What Am I Going To Do? I'm Sure Mickey Is Going To Be Asking A Lot Of Questions And Eventually They Will Have To Tell Her The Truth. I Cannot Let That Happen. Kymera Is Going To Absolutely Kill Me. I Made It Back To The Apartment And Sterling Was Lounging Around.

"Yo Man, You Find Her Or What?"

"We Have A Problem."

"A Problem, What?"

"Her Bestfriend Is A Fucking Fairy."

Sterling Sat Up From His Laid Back Position On The Couch. "No Way Dude."

"I'm Sorry Did I Just Hear That Correctly?" Conna Asked Coming From The Back. "Another Fairy Is Around?"

"Yes," I Replied. "Ava Denavy."

Conna Gasped. "A Denavy?!"

"That's What I Said." I Told Her As I Rolled My Eyes.

"Wait So What Does This Mean?" Sterling Ask.

"We Need To Get Her Tonight And Go. So Far She's Absolutely Clueless But If They Tell Her The Truth, Her Powers Might Come In Faster. I Can't Have That Happen."

"Wait A Minute, That's Always Confused Me." Conna Confessed. "How Come Her Powers Haven't Come In Yet?"

"A Confinement Spell Was Put On Her Powers By Her Father Right Before Asphera Brought Her Here. They Knew They Had To Protect And Conceal Her."

"So What Are We Going To Do?"

"Conna Do You Think You Can Locate Her?"

"No, I'm A Fairy Not A Witch."

I Gave Her A Side Look.

"If I Had Anything Of Hers I Could." Sterling Said.

"Oh Yeah, Your Nose. Hold On." I Went Into My 'Room' Finding A Piece Of Cloth That I Ripped From Micky On Her Prom Night And Brought It Back To Sterling. "It's Not Much But I Hope It Works."

He Took The Hair Into His Hands. "Oh This Is Just Enough To Go On."

•Asphera•

My Time Here Is Limited Unless I Can Find A Way Out Of Here Soon. I Just Hope One Of The Girls Heard Me Calling Out To Them. Using My Voice Carry Power Was Not Easy. It Took Everything In Me And I Am Weak. I Hope Mickey Is Doing Okay. I Haven't Felt Anything Else From Her So Her Powers Must Not Be Coming In. I Wish The Confinement Spell Hadn't Been So Strong. I Hope Ava And Brielle Are Doing Okay As Well. Sitting Against The Cold Stone Wall In My Cell, I Heard A Door Open And Close. Soon Kymera Was In Front Of Me, Bars Holding Us From Each Other.

"I Find It Utterly Annoying At How Long It's Taken Michael To Catch Your Little Princess."

With A Breathy Voice I Spoke. "Ky..Mera...Why...S-she....Is...Fami..ly."

"She Is Not Our Family! We Share No Blood With Her. You Think Because We Stood Next To The Royal Family For Years That It Means Something?! It Means Absolutely Nothing!"

"Please...Stop This...Sister."

"Look At You." She Spoke Between Gritted Teeth. "Weak And Pathetic, Can't Even Get Yourself Out Of A Simple Dungeon."

She Turned Away From Me Before Looking Back At Me Again.

"Asphera, Why Are You Protecting This Girl?"

"I Love..Her."

"You Barely Know Her! Love Must Mean So Little For You To Love Someone Who Doesn't Even Know You Exist."

"I..Love Her..Regardless."

"Idiot! That's What You Are. I Can't Wait To Come Down Here And See You Laying There Lifeless." She Told Me Before Leaving Me Alone.

I Never Understood Where All This Anger Was Coming From. I Never Understood Why Kymera Hated The Royal Family So Much. Our Family Has Stood By The Royal Family For Generations. Suddenly Kymera Wanted The Throne. She Believes That It Is Rightfully Ours And I Don't Know Where She Got That Assumption From. Please Gods And Goddesses Of The Sky Help Me, Help The Girls, Please Help Mickey.