Chapter 3

•Mickey•

It's Been A Week But I'm Still Shaken Up About The Whole Prom Incident. I'm Just Glad I Graduate Next Week. The Whole School Has Been Talking About It And Now All I Get Are These Sorrow Filled Eyes. Honestly It's Unexpected. Most Of Us In This School Dislike Each Other But Now Even The Girls That I Dislike Most Look At Me With Those Same. Sorrow. Filled. Eyes.

It's Not Like I Was Raped, Which Was Completely Possible But I'm Okay. I Just Wanna Know Where The Hell He Though He Was Taking Me And Why He Thought It Was Even Remotely Okay Trying To Kidnap Me In A Building Full Of People. I'm Honestly Just Glad Those Girls Walked In When They Did.

"Yo Mickey, We Going To Turfs After School, Wanna Come." Dominic Said, Coming Up To My Locker. He Had His Bookbag On But He Was Holding On To Both Straps With His Hands. He Bit His Lip, Looking Down At Me.

"No." I Said Sternly, Throwing Notebooks Out Of My Locker And Into The Large Garbage Can Near By.

Today Was Clean Up Day Which Meant The Seniors Had To Clean Out Their Regular Lockers, Gym Lockers And Turn In Their Books. Some Were Acting A Fool, Some Were Legitimately Trying To Get Their Shit Together And Even Though We Were Still Suppose To Go To Class, Some Of Us Didn't. Including Me.

"Wait, Why Not?" Dom Asked, Shocked At The Answer I Had Given Him A Moment Ago.

"Why Don't You Go Ask Vanessa."

He Scoffed, Throwing His Head Back. "Mickey I'm Really Sorry About That."

"No..No Your Not." I Said Annoyed And Turning To Him. "It Took A Lot For Me To Ask You To Go To Prom With Me. If You Weren't Going To Be There With Me You Shouldn't Have Went With Me. You Didn't Even Show Up The Next Day So We Could All Go To The Arcade But Your Friends Did. Fuck You." I Said Slamming My Locker Shut And Walking Away.

I Wanted To Cry But It Would Have Made No Sense To. Dominic Was Honestly A Nobody. It Sucks To Find Out Your Crush Is Such Trash. Oh Well.

I Found Ava And Brielle At Their Lockers Which Was Down The Hall From Mine. They Were Two Lockers Away From Each Other. I Leaned Back On The Lockers In The Middle Of Them.

"So We Going To Turfs After School?" Brielle Asked.

"No, Dom Is Going To Be There And I Just Got Done Telling Him Off."

"You Go Girl." Ava Said Giving Me A High Five.

"So For Graduation, Where We Going To Eat Cause You Know Imma Be Hungry." Brielle Informed Us.

"You Always Hungry With Ya Fat Ass." Ava Said In Her Ghetto White Girl Voice.

"Shut Up Hoe."

"I Don't Care Where We Go." I Said Honestly. "As Long As They Got Good Bread."

"True." Both Girls Said.

Ava Was About To Throw A Notebook Away When I Noticed A Picture Sticking Out Of It.

"Wait." I Said Grabbing The Picture.

It Was The First Ever Picture Me, Ava And Bri Took Together. I Smiled.

"Oh My God, I Didn't Know That Was In There." Ava Said. "We Were So Trash."

My Smile Fell. "Bitch You Was Trash, I Look Damn Near The Same."

"Lie! You Looked Like A Mango."

I Gasped Dramatically. We Laughed And The Girls Closed Their Lockers. We Headed Towards The Lunch Room Together.

After School We Went Back To My Place. We Sat In My Basement/Entertainment Room Watching Hulu And Gossiping.

"Oh, Mickey Did You Ever Decide Which College You Were Going To. You Got Accepted To Like 10." Ava Mentioned.

"6 And I Think Michigan State. I Wanna Stay Home."

"It's Not Going To Be The Same Yunno." Brielle Said. "Us Not Being Together All The Time. You At MSU, Me At UC And Ava At Ohio State. I'm Gonna Miss This."

"Oh Bri Stop You're Gonna Make Me Cry." I Told Her.

"I'm Serious. I Feel Like Everything Is Coming To An End."

"Well Definitely Not Our Friendship. We're Gonna Be Fine. When We All Graduate I'm Going To Be A Psychiatrist, Your Going To Be A Lawyer And Ava Is Going To Be A Fashion Designer."

"Check." Ava Said Making A Check Mark In The Air With Her Finger.

"Don't Worry, It's The 3 Peas For Life."

"3 Peas For Life." They Both Repeated.

We Continued To Watch Movies On Hulu. While In The Middle Of One Of The Movies I Began Nodding Off And It Was As If I Drifted Off Into Some Deep Dark Place. I Felt As If I Was Falling And I Could Hear Faint Talking.

I Almost Wasn't Sure That I Was Dreaming But I Was. I Fell To The Ground And Looked Around Seeing I Was In A Forest. I Was Dressed In Only My Underwear. It Was Cold, Quiet, Dark And Scary. The Wind Was Blowing Softly Making The Trees Move Slightly. Fast Movement Behind Me Made Me Turn Around Quickly But I Saw Nothing There. Then I Heard The Faint Echoing Sound Of An Evil Woman's Laughter Like From A Movie.

I Started Walking, Rubbing My Arms Trying To Get A Little Bit Of Warmth. I Heard Another Noise And When I Turned Around The Same Mystery Man That Tried To Kidnap In Reality Went To Grab Me.

My Body Shot Up And I Looked Around Frantically. I Was In My House, In My Basement. I Looked Over And Saw Ava And Brielle Sleeping. My Breathing Was Erratic. I Got Up To Go Into The Kitchen For A Glass Of Water.

That Was The Strangest Dream. The Place, It Felt So Real, As If I Had Been There Before. I Couldn't Even Sleep For The Rest Of The Night Because I Was So Creeped Out. I Felt Strange And Just Went Back Into The Basement. I Looked Over At Brielle And Ava Who Were Sleeping Peacefully. Ava Started Whispering Something In Her Sleep. I Never Heard Her Do That Before. Tonight Has Been Strange.