Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Authors note:

Okay so maybe in the last chapter you probably thought that Brennus was a totally random character. Think again! The fact that Brennus saved Jenn of all people has its reason. Think about this one:)  

Anyways, onto the chapter :)

1

Jenn could feel something shaking her awake. She mumbled “don’t care sis, just 5 more mins” She could feel  that someone grunted and started shaking her more, but not too roughly. Finally she opened her eyes, annoyed about been interrupted from her sleep.

“ My lady, we must move” Brennus explained. He was sitting next to her, and looked like he perfectly recovered from the arrow.  Jenn tried to hide her surprised expression. She sat up and looked at him with concern.

“It was nothing lady. I’ve had worse. Now we need to get you back to Lyonesse to your father, to the elders…” He looked around cautiously. It was close enough to the evening now and the coldness of the light wind made Jenn shiver. She was after all wearing still just a medieval nightgown. Nightgown? She was with some random man in her nightgown, oh that is just great…

“I really need to get ah…” she thought for a minute “dress to wear. “ Brennus looked at her looking slightly confused. Then recognition lit up on his face as he understood what people would have thought if they returned to Lyonesse with Jenn just wearing her nightgown.

“Right I see…but where would we get a dress for you lady?” He asked. They both started thinking. After all where would they find a dress? They were after all in the middle of the forest... which probably just had Lyonesse close to it and nothing else.

“We could go to my village not far from here. My mother lives there. She makes dresses and all sort of things, she would surely pick something for you” Brennus gave a little smile.

“But its still a village. You know it has people in it. People make rumours…you get the point” Jenn crossed her arms, both from embarrassment and the cold.

“True. But its close enough to the night now. My village has not many people, mostly my friends Áed and Arzur but they are busy now. Friendly with my beautiful cousins. They most likely will be out of the village. Then there is the old man, but he has bad vision, he probably will not see us now” He pointed at the sky “while there is light from the stars, he is quite blind, as long as you don’t speak to him, I can handle this”

“Ok fine. But if anyone asks…” Jenn could feel her cheeks going red

“Let’s hope that we do not meet anyone then. It just over a mile from here. Let’s go” Brennus said picking up his armour, sword and equipment.  “Better if I carry this rather than wear it. Need to give my back a few more days before I can wear it again.” He explained

“Do you..Eh want me to carry something?” she asked

“Thank you lady, but such a fine lady as yourself should not have to carry things for a knight” Brennus stated boldly

“Brennus!” Jenn ordered. She thought that maybe it would work if she uses the fact that he thinks that she some noble lady or something. Brennus gave her a look that could only mean no, sighing, Jenn followed him to the village.

2

Upon arriving into the village, Brennus led Jenn to a small house right on the edge of the village. The house was typical for any medieval house that is made of stone, with a roof made out of hay. Smoke came from the little chimney that was upon the roof. Brennus knocked on the door several times. Thankfully along the way they did not encounter anyone, which Jenn was grateful for otherwise it would take some explaining to do if she was seen with Brennus in her nightgown. Not that Jenn thought that it was a bad thing to be seen with such a guy like Brennus (quite handsome in her opinion), but remembering her history lessons , she remembered that it was considered bad if she was seen with a man at night, especially if this was some sort of medieval place.

“she is probably just sleeping” explained Brennus. He opened the door carefully and gestured for Jenn to enter the small cottage. Jenn entered hastily to see the thing that she least wanted to see.

Her.

It was HER.

That creepy woman that she met at that pub…in Cornwall. The Nutty Squirrel.

“You!” Jenn screamed before she could stop herself. The old woman awoke slowly, looking slightly confused. Brennus gave Jenn a questioning look. The woman sat up in her bed and looked around to find who disturbed her deep sleep.

“Oh my son, who have we here?” the lady asked Brennus. Brennus was still recovering from Jenn’s outburst and just stared at Jenn. Jenn too was silent.

“Its…lady Guinevere, I saved her from Lyonesse” Brennus explained to this lady, who now was evidently his mother.

“Ah yes. Yes, yes. That is right. Have a seat dear” the woman gestured at a chair opposite the bed. Jenn sat down, still embarrassed. She started fiddling with her hair.

“And what happened to you son?” the woman asked Brennus.

“Nothing mother. Just an arrow, but I’m fine. Thanks to Lady Guinevere here” He pointed at Jenn. Jenn smiled weakly and looked down at the floor.

“Ah yes. Son, do you mind waiting outside. I gather that lady Guinevere would want to change..” the lady smiled at her son. Brennus got up quickly and smiling politely at Jenn went outside.

“Enjoying yourself, love?” The woman asked, starting Jenn in the eyes, in a similar way to the way she starred at her in the Nutty Squirrel pub.

“What is going on? Where am I ..what is this?” Jenn pointed all  around her.

“You once said you would do better than Guinevere in this world. Well then…lets see how you will fare…” The woman smiled mysteriously as if thinking about something.

“So I am….Guinevere?” asked Jenn, shocked and in awe at the same time.

“Yes child. Welcome to….well a part of the 6th dimension. This is the part you wanted to visit, so here you are.”

“And there really is…Camelot then….and…and…” She did not want to mention Arthur Pendragon, whom she was in love with since she was like 5 years old.

“Yes that’s right dear. My son will take you back to Lyonesse where you will take the place of Princess Guinevere.”

“But…if she….I have a father, surely he would not recognise me?” Jenn asked worryingly

“Ah but that’s….” she thought for a minute “it will work love, don’t worry.” The lady got up and picket up a blue dress and handed it over to Jenn. “here wear this, I think it will look good on you”

Jenn entered a small room where she quickly changed into her given dress. She looked at herself in the mirror. The dress was perfect, she did not even realise how such a dress quickly highlighted her perfect figure. She came back into the room where the lady was.

“W-who are you?” she asked hastily , still admiring her dress

“Ah well sweetie, that is not important now, Son come you can come in!” Brennus entered the cottage surprisingly quickly. His eyes became wide when he saw Jenn, but trying to be polite he quickly changed his glare to his mother.

“Son, can you escort lady Guinevere to Lyonesse as quickly as possible please”

“Yes mother. Lady, shall we go, are you ready?” He asked turning his look back to Jenn. Jenn nodded without a word and they were off.

Ok guys, this is another chapter of 6th  dimension done. Again, comments, critiques and off course vote are welcome :)