Chapter 8

Okay so in this chapter we also get Arthur's POV on Jenn. I thought it was most appropriate to write from his POV a certain scene  that happens in this chapter. Oh and by the way, I am crappy at writing romance details in novels so if you think I could improve just pm me. Enjoy :)

Chapter 8

Well this was certainly weird. She had met Lancelot and off all places. No she could not let this guy interfere with her plan. But if he is brought to Camelot…then it would certainly muck things up for her. Why, she should have just let them kill him. No. That was too cruel after all. Lis opened one eye, looked at the sleeping ( well pretended to be asleep) Jenn and then closed her eyes again.

She was going to free him. If he be off then nothing would come between her and Arthur. Never. But how was she going to get him free? There is probably someone on guard right now and how would he get far if he was hurt anyways? Ah well there is always a way she thought.

She hastily got her blanket and left the carriage quickly, being careful not to trip over anything once she got out of the carriage that would make a loud noise and generally alert the guards.  Just then she paused…where would they have him? It was hard to see anything other than the bright fire, around of which the knights were sleeping. She took of her shoes (which had heels and generally were not comfortable to walk in anyway) so that she would not make much noise when walking and crept up to the sleeping men. She looked around. In the crowd among them she could see Gawaine and Brennus. Damn it. So it would be someone whom she would not know on patrol. This was going to be harder than she thought.

Sighing in frustration she walked around the camp until she tripped over a sleeping figure, that was now looking around she noticed, was quite far from the camp.

“Ouch..” she could hear someone whimper.

“Be silent you!” a man with a husky voice hissed and the whimpers stopped immediately. There was some fiddling and everything became silent again. It would have been really helpful if there had been some sort of light source nearby.

Jenn sat down on the ground giving up.

“Oh what are we doing not sleeping then?” someone hissed cheekily.

Jenn turned her head in the direction of the sound to find herself looking at those eyes again. Those same blue eyes that now looked tired but still maintained that personality that annoyed Jenn. Lancelot.

“Are we deaf by chance?” Lancelot asked. Jenn could see nothing but the eyes, but she felt that he was smiling.

“I was actually here to free you…” she whispered, as another man turned around muttering something about apples, evidently this was the guard that was looking after Lancelot “but you are making me want to change my mind” she added after the guard became still.

Lancelot was silent for a moment and then he asked confused “why would you free me?”

“I have reasons. My own reasons. Do you want to be free or not?” Jenn spat out

“Whatever. I could not care. You get me free and I don’t ask questions. Actually I am quite fond of a Lady with secrets” Lancelot whispered, moving his head closer to Jenn’s so now she could see his full face, his features clear to her again. He smiled revealing his white teeth.

“Well get on with it then” Lancelot encouraged , still smiling. He annoyed her so much it was insane. But if she wanted everything to be perfect she had to go through with this.

Jenn replied “I will go and get something to cut these ropes. Once you are free make a run for it. But be as silent as possible please..promise?”