Chapter 7

Chapter 7

The air is crisp and cold. Morgan sat by the river that was not far from the citadel. She watched her reflection carefully until she saw someone else’s reflection. A boy. Her child.  He was no older than ten, dark hair like his mother had and deep grey eyes. She smiled and turned to him.

“Mamma when will my uncle come? When will Arthur come?” the boy asked politely as Morgan moved his hair out of his face. Morgan smiled hesitantly before giving a reply

“He would be back in a few days now, he was busy helping an old friend of Camelot” she bit her lip. Soon her brother would be married. Soon. Now he will not just see her company but of another woman. That was for the best of him but what if it meant that he would stop caring for them? These worrying thoughts  became like beasts, they tormented her mind ever since Arthur left. She tried to ignore these thoughts but still being as sensitive as she is they would not leave her.

“Mordred sweetie…go back inside, it’s cold out here, mummy will come follow you in a while” The boy smiled obediently and bowed before running off to the citadel.

Morgan had wished that she be more like her mother. Her mother could get an inside to someone else’s thoughts on a distance. Morgan herself could do that to Arthur but only because she knew him. He was like a brother too her. But not to this unblooded that would become his wife. Unblooded…where did that thought come from? Morgan could not understand….she tried to see her brother’s thoughts but something was preventing her now. This was strange, nothing had ever happened like this before.

“Lady Morgan!” her thoughts were interrupted by one of the waiting women calling her from the citadel.

“Yes I am coming!” she hissed out rather loudly.

“Its Mordred!” The same lady called louder “He fell over again!”

At these words Morgan ran to the citadel and all thoughts about the unblooded were abandoned.

3 Weeks later….

The old carriage came to a stop. Inside the passengers bolted forwards as the carriage did stop too suddenly. Jenn opened her eyes. They had been travelling for about a day now and they still had some hours until they got to Camelot.

Some with Arthur’s men along with the men that the king of Lyonesse had sent were fighting off a group of bandits. The knights were making quite quick work of them but something was worrying Jenn. She had hoped this was not a scene of First Knight that she had seen on TV otherwise this would be pretty bad. She could see Brennus along with other men fighting off the bandits easily.

That is when one man in particular had caught her sight. Brennus and the other men were now fighting him but the man fought bravely, gravely injuring some of the knights and now it was just Brennus and one other knight that was fighting him. Something inside Jenn made her open the door of the carriage and rush towards the direction of the fight. She must have been mad but Jenn could not control her actions at this point in time.

The  man that was fighting Brennus and the others caught site of her that caused him to hesitate, Brennus used this opportunity to hit the man’s sword out of his hand while his friend hit the man from behind, and he fell on the floor unconscious. The other bandits seemed dead as her men circled the camp. Jenn herself started to walk faster towards where Brennus and the others was.

“…should just cut his head off, otherwise if we leave him here he might follow!” One of the Camelot knights hissed, pocking the man with his sword

“Is he still alive?” Brennus asked

“Off course he is idiot, why do you think I’m asking?” the Camelot knight said trying to hold his temper.